New truck. Pics.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just traded my Mustang in. 2003 Explorer Sport. Got about 150 miles on it so far.

fc509b06.jpg

fc509adc.jpg

fc509a8f.jpg

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anybody spot 80 LEDs in these pics ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Jeez! You went and took an SUV *offroad*??? What were you thinking? The thing is even dirty! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

80 LEDs you say? Where the heck?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i see some in the mirrors i think....

tell us!

did you do some of them yourself, or is it standard?

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about in this pic? Come on, it's easy!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

fc50409d.jpg

fc504072.jpg

Albany Tom

Enlightened
Cool! Nice truck, too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Whelen makes good stuff. That interleaved model looks nice, too.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you guys in the US call a 4wd a 'truck'?

Interesting..

So what do you call those big vehicles used to carry lots of stuff in the back?

Where I'm from, a vehicle like the one pictured is generally referred to simply as a 4wd. One with an open back or tray back is called a 'utility' vehicle or 'ute'.

A truck is generally considered to be a vehicle with large cargo capacity in the back, like say a tonne or more..

I find the different usage quite interesting. I wonder how it came about..

Graham

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Graham said:
Do you guys in the US call a 4wd a 'truck'?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup. Typically any passenger vehicle that is based on a rail or ladder frame is called a truck here. The bigger SUVs and all pickups (no matter how big - even the mini ones) area called trucks, or at least "truck-based" (in the case of the SUVs).

[ QUOTE ]

So what do you call those big vehicles used to carry lots of stuff in the back?

[/ QUOTE ]
Why "trucks" of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Really. Maybe "big truck" or "big-rig" or "18-wheeler" but mostly just "truck." You're a "trucker" if you drive one of these. And according to the movies, you say "good buddy" on the CB a lot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Albany Tom

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A friend of mine drives "doubles" to NYC every night. More specifically, he drives "short doubles" or "a pair of pups", meaning two 30 foot trailers in tow. "Long doubles" would be two 40' trailers. In the midwest, I hear they sometimes run "triples" or "double 53s" - 53' doubles. Now *that's* a lot of truck. Doubles and triples are normally only seen on the Interstate highway system.

Also, if a friend says he bought a new bike, it could very well be a human powered thing with 10 or more speeds and pedals, or it could be a Honda Goldwing. Kinda like if you ask a British guy for a torch you have no idea what he may bring. Anything from a welding torch, to a flashlight or something to chase villagers around town with.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
In Australia we have 'road trains' which are typically 18 wheelers with 3 or more full size trailers..

This site has some pretty cool pictures of them on highways in the Australian outback. Have a look at the second and third pages for some pics of the 'or more' ones...

http://outbacktowing.tripod.com/

When I was at school a bicycle was usually referred to as a pushbike.. don't know whether that term is still used these days though.

Graham

Saaby

Flashaholic
I think it's a regional thing actually...

Here we call SUVs SUVs and trucks trucks. Sometimes an SUV is called a truck, but then a truck is called a pickup or pickup truck.

I was just up in Sun Valley and my grandpa just got one of those (Ok not the Sport, the Limited with 4 doors). Nice truck...er...SUV.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
here we call everything a car... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif