New tailcap for my E2DL

hcd615

Enlightened
I received my E2DL yesterday and I like it. I am not so much a fan of the tailcap. I was told that the funtion of high/low is in the head not the tailcap so I just bought a Z61 tailcap. Anyone else not a big fan of the sharp shrouded tailcap and switched also? I know people were saying they switch the tailcaps between their E2DL and their E1B, I just dont have a E1B.

H2Orower

Enlightened
I received my E2DL yesterday and I like it. I am not so much a fan of the tailcap. I was told that the funtion of high/low is in the head not the tailcap so I just bought a Z61 tailcap. Anyone else not a big fan of the sharp shrouded tailcap and switched also? I know people were saying they switch the tailcaps between their E2DL and their E1B, I just dont have a E1B.

I bought a Z61 for my E2DL also. Works fine, as you said. I was interested in comparing it versus the original defender tailcap. They both have their advantages, although, right now, I've opted to leave the original one on there.

hcd615

Enlightened
What did you find the original shrouded tailcap did that the Z61 did or didnt do and vice versa?

H2Orower

Enlightened
Well, I got the Z61 so that the light would be more streamlined and slide in and out of my pocket easier. It did exactly that. Lately, I haven't been carrying my E2DL as much, so I opted to put the shrouded cap back on. There was certainly nothing wrong with the Z61. I liked it. It just comes down to aesthetic preference. Right now, I opted to put the light back to its original form.