Warm White Seouls---Beamshots!

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone else used the Warm Seouls?

I bought a few on the Marketplace and recieved them today.
I made a light engine and am pleasantly surprised by the "Incandecent Feel" produced by this LED. It resembles an incandecent with slightly low batteries. I think making a head using one Warm and one neutral white Seouls would produce good color rendering.
I'll be messing with it more tonight and comparing it to incandecents.

Info I was able to get:

-P/N# N42180L
- CCT 3000K
- Normal CRI--Not High CRI

Here it is compared to my McGizmo Mule.

Seoul--------------------------Cree-McGizmo Mule
017-8.jpg

Seoul-----------------------------------P60 Bulb
018.jpg

Warm Seoul---------P60 Bulb---------Malkoff M60

019-1.jpg

Warm Seoul

029-5.jpg

P60 Bulb

030-1.jpg

Malkoff M60 with diffuser film

031-3.jpg

Last edited:

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that P60 looks like a LED next to the Seoul. Not sure if I like that. Is it really that orange? Seems like they went too far in making it "warm"

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL! I'd have to agree.
It looks worse in the pictures but is still a bit "too warm" to be used alone.
I could see using one of these in a multi-emitter set up to help with color rendering

I'm going outside in a few minutes to take some more pics. I think you will see how well the Warm Seoul does with color compared to other LEDs. This certainly isn't for everyone, but I thought I'd see if it could help correct the color inbalance that most LED produce.

kland1234

Newly Enlightened
Interesting shots, what bin and color code for the seouls? can't wait for more shots. Are these from photonfanatic?
thks
kvv

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Outside Beamshots added to first post.:wave:

Notice how well it looks like the P60

In person the P60 is slightly whiter

I'll try to find out bin info and color code

No these were not from Photonfanatic. They were sold to me by another CPF member who had a couple for sale in the market place.

Last edited:

discoverEDC

Enlightened
+1 on the bin and color for these SSC's, also, can you provide a link to where you got them? I looked quickly in the marketplace but I didn't see anything. I'm looking forward to putting together a warm white/high CRI light for/at Christmas.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL! I'd have to agree.
It looks worse in the pictures but is still a bit "too warm" to be used alone.
I could see using one of these in a multi-emitter set up to help with color rendering

The multi-emitter is a good idea. Tri-LED setups are pretty popular. One warm and two "normal" (LOL) LED's might be a good combination. Hmmm, this has me thinking I need to get one of these.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
The multi-emitter is a good idea. Tri-LED setups are pretty popular. One warm and two "normal" (LOL) LED's might be a good combination. Hmmm, this has me thinking I need to get one of these.

Same thing I'm thinkin:thinking:

I have a KT4 that uses 3 X McR27S reflectors. I had taken it apart to upgrade some Seouls whos domes got ripped loose:whistle::eek:

I think I may have to try it in that set-up as the previous emitters were way to cool colored.

ICUDoc

Enlightened
Thanks DaFab
LEDs are getting closer all the time to what I want- the stumbling block here is output I think? I seem to remember that these SSCs put out flux equivalent to the old U-bin Lux IIIs (for you old-timers). What driving currents are you using for the beamshots? What are your impressions of output cf the Cree Q5/R2 and SSC U2 bin etc?

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a U2 SVO tint... It is more yellow, but it doesn't let me distinguish colors much better, just like in your pictures. The 5AQ2 Deerelight module is pretty amazing, colors look better even next to a incandescent Surefire!

I would love to see the High CRI Seouls!

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 5AQ2 Deerelight module is pretty amazing, colors look better even next to a incandescent Surefire!

Does that mean:

1) Colors look better with the 5AQ2 than with the incandescent Surefire?

or,

2) The color rendering capacity of the 5AQ2 is still evident when compared to something with very good color rendering capacity, in this case, an incandescent Surefire?

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does that mean:

1) Colors look better with the 5AQ2 than with the incandescent Surefire?

or,

2) The color rendering capacity of the 5AQ2 is still evident when compared to something with very good color rendering capacity, in this case, an incandescent Surefire?
I think... when I first looked at the pictures in this thread, I thought that the first two were LED beamshots.

The 5AQ2 renders colors very well, going between an overhead fluorescent to the 5AQ2 to an incandescent flashlight... I am thinking that the 5AQ2 renders better, but I'm sure others will call me crazy for thinking that. :shrug:

Latest posts