terrible tint on ex10?

ClarkWGrizwald

Newly Enlightened
so i just got a ex10 in the mail today and im so disappointed with the tint on it. i always thought my p3d had a pretty green tint but it looks super white compared to this :( i mean the outermost ring is an obvious yellow color.. this blows. can i get a replacement for bad tint or is that not gonna happen? btw im not a super picky person or a die hard perfectionist flashlight collector. i only own a couple lights.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, I've emailed Fenix-store looking for an EX-10 with green/yellow tint but they said all have been white and haven't gotten any returns in for that tint.

Sending PM.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Out of curiosity, did you check what the WC tint was before you purchased? Every D10 and EX10 use the same tint.

There are still variations though. I did an emitter swap for someone with an EX-10. That person's like had a purple tinted emitter where my EX-10 had the typical cool WC tint.

ClarkWGrizwald

Newly Enlightened
/\ really? well here is a photo. this isnt the most accurate representation. it is more green. if thats possible.

dscn5719rp7.jpg

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Wow, that looks pretty bad. I've had some R2 WGs that were badly green like that. I can do an emitter swap if you're interested. I have R2 WC.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
How well can you see with the light that comes out of it?

It really doesn't help you at all seeing the color of two beams side by side next to each other. Turn one on and look at some things, then turn the other one on and look at the same things... and see which one you see better with.

My EX10 is a hair warmer than most of my WC lights. Neither my EX10 or my very white other lights are going to make red look red in the dark. Red blends in with the rest of the colors, yellows look white...

The day I see the light out of my flashlight look yellower than the light coming out of someone else's flashlight isn't going to matter, cause when they turn theirs off... What I see and how well I see it is what matters.

ClarkWGrizwald

Newly Enlightened
to darkzero: waiting to see if this guy wants to buy it thats looking for one with this tint. otherwise im probably returning it for a normal one.

i noticed it as soon as i turned it on. there is a seriously obvious color in the outermost ring part of the beam. as far as being able to light things up then yea, it lights them up. in a green light.

Last edited:

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for selling it!

I've been looking for a while for a green/yellow tinted one.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

I hope your next one has a nice white tint!

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for selling it!

I've been looking for a while for a green/yellow tinted one.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

I hope your next one has a nice white tint!

Why do you prefer this tint? I have a L2D/P2D Q5 with this tint. I kinda like the warmth of it.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, good question.

It's the color rendering of the green/yellow tint that I love.
I have an LED light that gives pretty close to real color rendition but my lights with the green/yellow tint give a rendition that I much prefer over the real color.
Green/yellow tint makes things look "more beautiful" to my eyes, nothing drastic though.

BTW, just to let you know the color green in general is nothing special to me, just another color.
I just checked my closet and I mainly have off shades of blue, grey, brown, and tan, no green.
But when it comes to tint, the green/yellow does it for me.

Then again, I haven't seen any of those CRI LEDs yet...

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
My EX10 and D10 have a tint that falls into what I'm used to for the WC bin. Maybe you got one that wasn't properly binned, it doesn't look like a WC tint. Glad you found someone that would buy it from you. Many people on CPF prefer the green/yellow tint.
If you order from 4sevens.com you could ask if they could check the tint before they send you another to make sure it looks like the WC bin.

Nos

Enlightened
hmm a greenish wc? how comes that, i only got yellow/green tints from wg and wh.. my EX10 was violett, and it was violett like ~8k or more :green:
it got instandly R2/WG'ed :grin2:

btw, has anyone tried the wd from cutter yet?

Last edited:

meuge

Enlightened
Mine is violently purple too. I am trying to convince myself not to go ahead and get a couple WH R2s from cutter and see if I can find a warm yellow tint to substitute.

ClarkWGrizwald

Newly Enlightened
yea you know the tint was kind of growing on me. but compared to the tint on my p3d i didnt like it as much. it was really crazy that someone was looking for one with this tint and happened to be on the forum at the time i posted this. we solidified the deal within 20 min of me posting this. i was unaware that people actually liked green tint. id like as close to white as possible.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
My D10 has a purplish tint to it, but not enough to notice unless comparing with other lights.