E01 Tricks

max6166

Newly Enlightened
Probably everyone here already does this, but I found something neat just now. I was just walking around and without thinking about it, tucked my E01 behind my ear. It worked very well as a makeshift headlamp - much less annoying than holding it in my mouth.

It didn't fall out even when I bent over to pick things up. It would likely fall out if you were running, etc. but certainly handy when you need both your hands free.

And no, my ears are not particularly big. :D

There are a lot of neat tricks one can do with this light, and I imagine many similar lights. "Focusing" the beam with one's fingers, pressing on the slightly off position head to flash it on and off, etc.

Does anyone have any other tricks?

max6166

Newly Enlightened
Well, maybe my ears are bigger than I thought... ? :D

I just gently wedge it in so that flat sides of the E01 are against my ear and my head. It will fall out if I shake my head, but stays in pretty well if I just move my head around normally.

Last edited:

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have done before and it is OK if I don't move much but I can't use it doing anything involving movement unfortunately.
I'm glad it works for you as it is a nice trick.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
this idea should be incorparated as a design feature for fenix's next e series, almost every day i carry a pencil behind my ear so im used to putting things there

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seriously, though, i've been thinking along those lines already...

I have a sturdy, yet light earhook left over from a Nokia Bluetooth headset. I've been trying to think of a way to turn it into something that could be slid on and off a keychain light, similar to a pocket clip.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol reading this thread I picture dozen of men around the world all trying to jam things behind their ears. We are a "passionate" bunch of hobbyists.
This is so funny, I owned a E0 for months, and now a E01, and I just noticed it doesnt have a lens in the front of the light! How is it able to stay water proof? Also, why did they choose not to put one in, cost?

bspofford

Enlightened
I have the N01 series that fits in my nostril perfectly! The olive drab has its advantages in this situation.:twothumbs

foxracer72

Newly Enlightened
yep worked for me Quite well also my arc worked the same way. hmmmmm what other lights fit on my ear:nana:

max6166

Newly Enlightened
Seriously, though, i've been thinking along those lines already...

I have a sturdy, yet light earhook left over from a Nokia Bluetooth headset. I've been trying to think of a way to turn it into something that could be slid on and off a keychain light, similar to a pocket clip.

That is a really fantastic idea. Should be possible with a little ingenuity...

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok, colleagues in the office gave me weird looks when i whipped out my keychain, detached my E01 and tried to stick it behind my ear. Doesnt work if you wear glasses.

But some kind of clip attachment for the ear.... that sounds very interesting.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
now if you stick it in your ear you can see things out of the corner of your eye then, so ride a bike with one in each ear for cornering lights.

jag808808

Enlightened
Here is one for those who wear glasses. Use a small piece of velcro. The type used for dressing cables. Wrap the EO1 to your earpiece with the head sticking out a little bit. Allows you to turn the head on and not catch glare. Works great! You get light where you look! Less cumbersone than a headlight while not weighing down your glasses.

Aloha,

jag

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im holding out for led ocular implants.
Think ghostbusters 2.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just tried putting my TK11 behind my ear, i had to get rushed into the accident and emergency room to stitch up all the cuts:crackup: