TOP Striker, Xenon

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I just picked up one of these tonight. It was $24 at Frys. Pretty nice light overall. Smooth threads, tight O-rings, twist-cap switch with a momentary thumb switch, impact resistant Lexan lens.

I am using it to host a Surefire P60-Xenon. No detailed review. here are some pics;)

dscn0409vg7.jpg

dscn0411ec3.jpg

dscn0412iz3.jpg

dscn0415nd2.jpg

dscn0416gd5.jpg

dscn0417ym9.jpg

dscn0418tc0.jpg

dscn0419sn6.jpg

dscn0422dj4.jpg

It looks like a pretty compact alternative for a 2-CR123A light. Is there anything wrong with the bulb that came with it, or do you just prefer the Surefire P60? How is the build quality in comparison to Romisen?

davidt

Enlightened
Hows the finish on your light? I bought one also to use as a cheap p60 host also.

Careful with those batteries. The contacts between the batteries corroded after a week and completly stopped functioning(no previous contact with moisture). Popped new batteries in and the light was fine. Decent light for 24 bucks.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
It looks like a pretty compact alternative for a 2-CR123A light. Is there anything wrong with the bulb that came with it, or do you just prefer the Surefire P60? How is the build quality in comparison to Romisen?

I'm just playing around, swapping in and out different Xenon modules. My P60 module draws 1.14A. While the TOP OEM module draws 1.18A and has a whiter tint with a bigger/rounder hot spot, so its a better module all around than the surefire.

Quality is on par with my 6P. Butter-SMOOTH threads with well lubed O-rings that fit very tight with mating parts. Its definitely a water/air tight assembly. Unscrewing the bezel and pulling it out of the body you can really feel the vacuum suction, even more so than removing my 6P bezel. My daughter went night swimming tonight and submerged it a couple feet. Definitely shallow-submersible. As far as build quality goes, I would put it a notch above the RC-C3 and a smaller notch above the RC-N3. The O-rings on those lights are effective, but they are too small to really "feel" solid.

The anodize quality on the TOP seems thicker that the Romisens and more robust. It has a "warm/satin-ey" kind of feel. Like the difference between a Titanium and stainless steel dive watch.

Last edited:

James Hamon

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I love my TOP for work or just edc.Most of my friends who love flashlights (but not quit flashaholic)and use them for work love them too but they have a tendency to break the lamp.So Kramer I was wondering if you knew of any led dropin that would work in the TOP for $20 or so.If not they will settle for replacement stock lamp but they would prefer an led dropin that is brighter with around same runtime.

James Hamon

Newly Enlightened
One thing i just noticed about my top same model everybody talks about but my light is shorter the websites say 5.87 inches overall mine is about 5 inches or a little less.It also doesnt say stryker on it just the model number lx6ak2 and of course TOP.

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Yeah I love my TOP for work or just edc.Most of my friends who love flashlights (but not quit flashaholic)and use them for work love them too but they have a tendency to break the lamp.So Kramer I was wondering if you knew of any led dropin that would work in the TOP for $20 or so.If not they will settle for replacement stock lamp but they would prefer an led dropin that is brighter with around same runtime.

I think the only LED modules that fit are the P60L and the TOP branded one. DX modules don't fit.