Got my Surefire MN02 LA today! Beam Shots

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my MN02 LA today from Surefire. When it gets dark I will take some comparison pictures between the E1e, E2e w/MN02 & E2e w/MN03. The MN02 is a 25 lumen Low output lamp assembly for the E2/E2e that is stated to last 150 minutes on 2 CR123A batteries. The output is brighter and it has a bigger hot-spot than the E1 w/MN01

Did anyone else get theirs?

Darell

Flashaholic
Wow. Pretty exciting news since people have been waiting for these promised bulbs for so long. I don't have one yet - I still just put my shades on when I want less output from my E2.
grin.gif

Starlight

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sean:
I received my MN02 LA today from Surefire. When it gets dark I will take some comparison pictures between the E1e, E2e w/MN02 & E2e w/MN03.

Did anyone else get theirs?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The MN02 is a low power lamp for the E2, correct? Is there a high power lamp planned for the E1? Could you try the MN02 in the E1 and let us know if the output is brighter?

Darell

Flashaholic
There hasn't even been a rumor of a HOLA for the E1 as far as I know. You'll be severely dissappointed in trying to run a LOLA meant for 6V in a light that only provides 3V.

I'm sure the MN02 just won't work in the E1.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sean:
Here are some beamshots from across the room.
The MN02 is rated at 25 lumens for 150 minutes of battery life.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That MN02 LOLA does seem kinda impressive-considering that you get 2½X the length of service on the batts.
cool.gif

edit:-does that bulb assembly also cost 12-$14?

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mr.glow:
edit:-does that bulb assembly also cost 12-$14?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It cost $15 direct from Surefire. A few $$ high but so is everything else.
tongue.gif

It was (almost) well worth the wait.
wink.gif
cool.gif

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
The beamshaper for my E2 diffuses the 60L beam to the point I wouldn't want it dimmer.

I think I'll pass on the MN02 for the moment.

Starlight

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
You'll be severely dissappointed in trying to run a LOLA meant for 6V in a light that only provides 3V.

I'm sure the MN02 just won't work in the E1.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

darell: I thought the same thing, but since Sean has both, I thought it would be worth a try.

FNG

Enlightened
Is it just me or does the MN02 LA look a bit brighter in the second picture? Looks like it has a way bigger hotspot then the MN03 in the first pic.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by FNG:
Is it just me or does the MN02 LA look a bit brighter in the second picture? Looks like it has a way bigger hotspot then the MN03 in the first pic.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's why I took the two pictures the way I did. My camera focuses on the brightest light and adjusts the "shutter speed" to allow as much light as possible thereby overcompensating on the brighter of the 2 lights. So that's why I took one with the MN03 and one with the MN01, so you can see the difference between the two. If I would just take a picture of the E1e by itself it would look much brighter, since it wouldn't be getting drowned out by a brighter light.

Does that make any sense?
confused.gif
wink.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The factory states that the runtime ought to be 2 1/2 hours. Haven't had the time put the acid test on it. Also, while at the factory, the MN02 they were using had a comet shape to it. This was the case in two separate MN02's. Not sure if it was the bezel, which had a perfect beam from an MN03, was a factor. The engineer stated that the MN02's have a thicker filament, hence the oval shape simular to the P90 and MN10 series of lamp assemblies. We tend to call this type of beam a tactical oval, thereby allowing the operator to obtain a vertical or horizonal profile on suspects.

FWIW

Size15's

Flashaholic
"tactical oval" - I'll use that this term in futre rather then "squished beam".

A guy emailed me after spending some time trying to aline the MN10 in his M900A so it would give a horizontal oval. I suggested he use a tiny bit of blu-tac... I think he may have gone for the MN11 (which is what I would have done)

Anyway, we need someone like Shelby to take some macro photos of the MN01, MN02 & MN03 so we can check them all out in detail.

Al