i want to mod my favorite light of all time: L2P

ClarkWGrizwald

Newly Enlightened
i love this freaking light. the size, finish, click switch are all my favorite. also the tint on the particular one i have is super good. its just so pathetically dim for a 2xAA light. how hard are flashlight mods? can someone give me some suggestions on how to gut this thing and make it bad ***?

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
i love this freaking light. the size, finish, click switch are all my favorite. also the tint on the particular one i have is super good. its just so pathetically dim for a 2xAA light. how hard are flashlight mods? can someone give me some suggestions on how to gut this thing and make it bad ***?

Well you can be simple and swap the Lux I to a P4 U-bin. If you want to be a hero you can gut the circuit and swap in a Flupig/flupic and a P4 U-bin.

fireboltr

Enlightened
Or you can buy my pre modded one on the mp with all the battery tubes....

j/k

I went cree and mcgizmo reflector for modding mine.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Modding the Fenix's are a hit and miss affair. Some can be taken apart with little trouble, while others seem like they're welded shut.

shakeylegs

Enlightened
I have 4 L1P's and I haven't been able to open any of the heads. They're glued shut like no others I've encountered. At some point I'll have to drill out the old boards.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I do is freeze the light
Then drop it in boiling water.

Run the light with till it gets too hot to touch and it just opens easy.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you handle the light when it is too hot to touch? I keep reading about the boil in bag trick for the last 5 years but cannot figure out how not to burn my fingers.
What I do is freeze the light
Then drop it in boiling water.

Run the light with till it gets too hot to touch and it just opens easy.

-----

The Ultrafire C3 Cree Q5 5-Mode head fits my L1P body. Since it is 1AA/2AA/14500 compatible it should work with an L2P.

I have it on my Civictor body. Nice short bright pocketable EDC.
CivictorUltrafirehead.jpg

Last edited:

ClarkWGrizwald

Newly Enlightened
How do you handle the light when it is too hot to touch? I keep reading about the boil in bag trick for the last 5 years but cannot figure out how not to burn my fingers.

-----

The Ultrafire C3 Cree Q5 5-Mode head fits my L1P body. Since it is 1AA/2AA/14500 compatible it should work with an L2P.

CivictorUltrafirehead.jpg

funny i have that c3 cree 5 mode too. it is the stainless steel one that only takes 14500. because the head fits but doesnt work obviously.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast

-----

By having various tongs, heat resistant gloves and other tools.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
funny i have that c3 cree 5 mode too. it is the stainless steel one that only takes 14500. because the head fits but doesnt work obviously.
There are some 10+ models of the C3. Some only take AAs, some only 14500, some both. Some are Al others SS. And bins range from P4 to Q5. Some include the extension tube, others not. You have to check the specs of the one you are buying.
DX is not always accurate. Mine was originally listed as single mode, received a 5 mode. DX later corrected the description. Turned out not too bad as the sequence is the same as my L0D CE (med-lo-hi-strobe-SOS).

-----

Tebore thanks.