• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Feeler : Cree UV LEDs?

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there,

Upon request of some member I've been searching for Cree UV LEDs, they're hard to find nowadays but I can get a few for very reasonable prices.

Specs summary :
- typical wavelength : 400 nm
- typical output : 200mW @ 350mA
- viewing angle : 100°

Full specs on http://www.led-tech.de/en/High-Powe...eries/CREE-XL-7090-Emitter-LT-982_120_79.html

I can obtain 10 of these for a price of 12 USD each (that's the price I pay). I think this price is very reasonable considering Cree doesn't make these anymore and they usually go for much more than this.

Is there any interest? As soon as 10 pcs are confirmed by CPF members, I'll order these.

A sidenote : please do NOT order this item if you DON'T KNOW THE RISK of using high power UV emitters. The UV radiation can be VERY HARMFUL to the human body so please only buy these emitters if you know how to handle them and take the necessary precautions.

Cheers
Raf

Last edited:

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
What, exactly, are UV LEDs used for?

:thanks:

Checking money, charging glow paint/powder quickly, checking around the toilet to see if the boys pee'd all over the floor, and finding scorpions. I am sure their are many other cool things to do also. :)

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Leak detections in a/c systems is one of the most uses I've seen. I used them to charge my GITD stuff mainly.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the replies, I just ordered them. I'll open payments from the moment I receive these LEDs. I'm sorry but I don't accept any reservations, these 10 LEDs will come as a wave and the one who first catches it, gets it.

Cheers
Raf

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shipping to me is a bit higher than I expected, final pricing will be a bit higher than the projected 12 USD, I guess it will be at most 15 USD. Shipping to you is 5 USD per order for worldwide priority mail.

Last edited: