A weekend using the E2L - what a dark horse of a light!

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well on my way out to the country for the weekend, much to my hapiness, I received my Surefire E2L in the mail which I had purchased from EMS.

Its my fifth Surefire and I never even really considered it at a possible light I would ever buy. Well, I wound up buying the light just to add to my collection, thinking I would forget about it and keep it in my emergency kit due to its killer runtimes.

Much to my surprise, after using this light over the weekend, I love it! The low is a wonderfully useful low - IMHO the best out of all my Surefires - and the high is on par with my L1 and even pretty close to my E1B. Honestly, its probably decent enough for 80% of the tasks where I need a high.

What really is the icing on the cake are the runtimes - I mean seriously, 100 hour low and 11 hours on that BRIGHT high - how awesome. After just a weekend, this light is easily one of my favorites. I can't believe I never really considered it before.

Only couple of negatives is that I wish it could tail stand (invaluable for those nighttime bathroom trips) and I really do love the UI of the L1 (especially for an uber reliable emergency light).

Anyways, sorry for the rambling but I just wanted to give this Surefire dark horse the credit that I think it deserves - its a wonderful addition to my Surfire family :party: and to anybody who doesn't own it - GIVE THIS LIGHT A SHOT!

carrot

Flashaholic
Now you see why the E2L is one of my favorites! I have three single-stage KX2 heads and a single-stage KX1 (thanks to.. you know who you are :) )

It is a little dimmer than the two-mode E2L's high but runs a little longer, a nice tradeoff IMHO and perfect for almost all my uses. The dual-mode is nice but seems to me a complication that will only frustrate me in use, but it certainly should add a lot of versatility to this undersung light. People always forget the E2L because of its "low" output but it is certainly plenty bright for me!

Last edited:

MSI

Enlightened
I'm a sucker for E2Ls, got 4 of them (got 3 E1Ls as well). However, sometimes I like to use the single mode version instead of the dual mode version, even though it is not as bright.
I wish they would sell a single mode 60 lm version.

Riddick

Newly Enlightened
E2L 45 lumen 9 hr runtime is a most amazing light

I think its one of the best lights ever made, if you put the F04 diffuser on it the spot/thrower becomes a wide bright flood.:thumbsup:

As someone said here pool table flat regulation, this light is hard to beat

and I really think its brighter than 45 lumens and mine does the whole 9 hrs+ and its the whitest light I have, absolutely pure white!!

yeah, I got lucky