Best B&M flashlight shop in LA area?

Kiwi_sg

Newly Enlightened
Would like to know what B&M shops are the best in the Los Angeles area for buying higher end flashlights.

Thanks

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good question, I would like to know this too!

Not for buying though, I couldn't afford it, but for going in and handling one might be fun.

CostcoAAcells

Newly Enlightened
These may not be the best, but most of them are local to me.

An army/navy surplus store, so it's a fun shop aside from having a small flashlight section. They have a selection of Surefires and other no names.
Supply Sergeant
503 N Victory Blvd, Burbank, CA 91502
(818) 845-9433

It's been a few years, but when I last visited this really nice knife store they had one wall which was nothing but Surefire flashlights.
Recon-1
19423 Ventura Blvd, Tarzana, CA 91356
(818) 342-2666

I have seen a few Streamlights, Magchargers, and Surefires on occasion at this police uniform store. Not a lot of flashlights to look at but if you're looking for duty grade stuff, you can get it here--if they have it in. Just a few lights under glass near the cash register.
Quartermaster Uniforms
2543 W 6th St, Los Angeles, CA 90057
(213) 351-9632

This is a huge electronics and appliance store and they have a flashlight aisle. They have Mag, Inova, Gerber, low end Streamlights, and low end Pelican.
Fry's Electronics
2311 N Hollywood Way, Burbank, CA 91505
(818) 526-8100

This sporting goods store has a flashlight aisle as well Gerber, Petzle, Coleman, Princeton Tec: nothing weapons grade.
It's part of the shopping mall at Burbank Town Center.
Sport Chalet
201 E Magnolia Blvd # 145, Burbank, CA 91502
(818) 558-3500

If I can remember some others, I'll post again. If there really is a best B&M flashlight store, I'd like to know also.

Welcome to CPF, Kiwi_sg!

Kiwi_sg

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the welcome...I get to LA usually at least once a year. Although I can buy online, as we all know it's sometimes nice to see the physical item before you buy. I know it could be a dangerous (= costly) experience to visit a well stocked flashlight shop!

TDKKP

Enlightened
Thanks for the welcome...I get to LA usually at least once a year. Although I can buy online, as we all know it's sometimes nice to see the physical item before you buy. I know it could be a dangerous (= costly) experience to visit a well stocked flashlight shop!

If you visit Orange County, South of LA, where Disneyland is you can stop by Surefire Manufacture at Fountain Valley. I've never been there but I think they will have retail department on site.

tekguy

Newly Enlightened
turners outdorsman has locations all over la area and bass pro shops in rancho cucamonga has some good selections if you want to pay full price

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had consistently reasonable results at any Sport Chalet store.

There's also the Bass Pro in Riverside (off the 15 freeway between the 60 and 210). It's about an hour drive from L.A. proper but worth the trip if you have a Saturday or a Sunday to burn window shopping.

Mike 208

Enlightened
If you're in the Long Beach area, you might want to check out Long Beach Uniforms (2789 Long Beach Blvd.) - they have a good selection of Surefire, Streamlight and even some Inova flashlights. Also check out Quartermaster Uniforms (750 Long Beach Blvd.) - they carry some Surefire, Streamlight, Inova and ASP flashlights.