Nite Ize Maglite C and D Cell LED Upgrade

Dr Phil Panter

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Does anyone know what the lumen output of this LED in 3 D cell maglite and 4 Cell maglite..? In other words is it worth buying..?

Marduke

Flashaholic
Maybe 10 or so. It's not very bright, it's meant for a LONG runtime backup. It will run for days and days on a couple D cells.

Photon Joe

Newly Enlightened
You can get more light and a more consistant spill from them if you frost the bulb by using some fine sandpaper .
I got much better beam and spread pattern this way. (mostly floody)
If you are not happy with the results, you can polish it back to like new with flitz polish. and nothing lost :)

Gatsby

Enlightened
I almost bought one the other day at Wally World just to drop into an otherwise unused Pelican Sabrelight body (bulb has burned out and I haven't replaced it) just to put that sturdy but otherwise not often used light back into at least an emergency backup status. Given the plastic housing I'm reticent to put anything very bright from an LED standpoint in it so this seems perfect and puts an otherwise unused light back into useful service. It might even allow me to move one of the 2D Mags with a MagLED upgrade into my car where I currently (I know... :candle:) don't keep a light (I figure I always have an EDC with me but I really should at least put something in there in case I hop in the car one time without my EDC...).

They do apparently run forever and put out a decently tinted beam, if not the most powerful...