Ebay/Hong Kong Pressure Switch - Warning

wvguy

Newly Enlightened
Recently I purchased a Pressure switch from Ebay. The switch lasted 3 days of use. I'm not talking about running thru the woods, jumping out of cars type use. I'm talking about mounting it, hey check this out type use.

I first noticed it going squirrelly on me, I picked up my rifle to move it and the light popped on and off. I figured I bumped the switch then it happened again and I know I hadn't bumped the switch. I had the pad Velcro'd in place, when I removed the pad from the VFG it came completely off in my hand. I contacted the seller about it he told me that if I wanted a replacement I would have to pay to ship the broke one back to him in Hong Kong and then pay shipping for the replacement.

That would have put me $30 in the hole. $10 to get it, $10 to return it, $10 to get replacement. But I cut my losses and decided to take pictured of the Crap switch and post them for all to see.

The switch mounted to my weapon
DSC03362.JPG

Front, back and Side view of the switch itself
DSC03369.JPG

DSC03370.JPG

DSC03376.JPG

Contact end and wires
DSC03373.JPG

DSC03374.JPG

As you can see there was nothing at all in place to hold the main wire.

Here is some of what he said on his AD's

"Please don't only compare with the price but quality! This OEM factory produces scopes and mount rings for Chinese Army, Tasco, Bushnell, Leupold and more........ "

"- Very high quality pressure switch which is famous on all G&P Tactical Flashlight "

Talk about a load of Crap also this guy doesn't like the attention he seems to have removed all his items from Ebay. with a little research I found his web site.
http://www.airsoftmarshall.com/

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
If this is an airsoft gun, then maybe you'd be OK. If this is a REAL gun, buy a surefire and have a piece of mind knowing it will work EVERYTIME.

I sure as hell wouldn't try to save a couple bucks on a part that may help save my life or others.....thats just scary!

If this had happened to a surefire part, you have a "lifetime warranty" to avoid replacement costs.

Don't skimp on the important things.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
...Don't skimp on the important things.

+1

To the OP, I notice you have something that looks like an Eotech on your flat top. You obviously know the value of quality/reliability. Your rifle is only as good as its weakest part including your light system. Stick with known entities like Surefire or Streamlight.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is disgraceful. Those look the same as the miniature PCB switches I buy and they are NOT designed for medium-high current.

wvguy

Newly Enlightened
I'm only out $11.32 so it wouldn't be worth filing a complaint with PP But I did think about doing it.

nzgunnie

Enlightened
I got one, and the same thing happened. I resoldered it, potted around the wires with epoxy to reinforce it, used a few extra layers of heat shrink for some more support.

Has been working fine on my paintball gun for a year or more now.

Although I normally use my SF M962 these days.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
First, :welcome:

Second, G&P products are generally not known for quality. I personally had a G&P light fail badly enough to just chuck it in the garbage. To their credit, G&P makes it clear that their stuff is mainly geared for the airsoft crowd. Not for use on real guns.

You took a step in the right direction by using a Surefire light with your firearm. But then you attached a product to it that was designed to be used on realistic-looking toys. Thankfully, it didn't fail at a moment when you needed it to work; no matter what.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if this is what the Chinese Army are equipped with... They could be in trouble :crackup:

Hah... do you think it's more likely that the Red Army uses this, or more likely the dealer is a typical FleaBay scumbag vendor? (e.g. liar liar pants on fire hanging off a telephone wire!)

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me I ahd some cases with detached wire at teh tailcap portion of the switch. Boy soem of my friends have similar and I have become an expert rebuilding them and cutting them to size.

An I now make my own heat shrink envelopes (usinga warmed up bag sealer)

The older one with the flat pressure pad (leafy copper contacts) were better in this regard...

wvguy

Newly Enlightened
Next time you do one could you Video it and post a "How-to" of take photo's and type up a step by step

Me I ahd some cases with detached wire at teh tailcap portion of the switch. Boy soem of my friends have similar and I have become an expert rebuilding them and cutting them to size.

An I now make my own heat shrink envelopes (usinga warmed up bag sealer)

The older one with the flat pressure pad (leafy copper contacts) were better in this regard...

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you handy with a soldering iron?? If not the trash can would be a good advice here..

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Next time you do one could you Video it and post a "How-to" of take photo's and type up a step by step

No, I cannot make a video of it...

BUT

when I finsih with an artcile I am preparing i will make a tiny handgun light conversion and that will entail reconstruction of this type of switch PLUS convertinga normal switch to Pressure apd switch. You will get it all on photos so stay tuned!