Pics: WOW! New Malkoff M60 and M60F Drop-ins

PseudoFed

Enlightened
Ordered my M60 and M60F Friday night at 10:00. Got them Monday morning at 10:00. All I can say is WOW to their customer service. I tried the drop-ins in my 98% dark garage, and all I can say is WOW! to their performance. Can't wait 'til dark, especially to see the M60's throw.

Here are some pics of the drop-ins with their hosts (Z2 combat lights modded with defensive bezels with removable crenelated ends, and formerly P60Ls). Notice the engraving on the bezels. When I had more of them, this is how I was sure I knew which I was carrying--from P60 to P61, then P60L!

Here's one with the hosts, and a Romeo and Julieta cuban cigar-thanks to a friend. The cigar is missing from later pics. Nevermind why...:cool:
M60andM60FwithHosts.jpg

Here's another showing form factor of P60L, M60, and M60F:
P60LM60M60F.jpg

And finally, the business end of the P60L, M60, and M60F:
P60LM60M60Fonsides.jpg

ETA pic of Malkoff's in hosts:
M60M60FinHost.jpg

So far I'm extremely impressed with the quality of the pieces and their large, dark room performance.

Last edited:

jbviau

Enlightened
Nice pics! It's been a while since I had a Malkoff in my hand. Are the drop-ins no longer engraved by hand? Those thin yellow labels look new to me.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW, it looks great!!
I ordered a M60L yesterday, hope it arrives looking like that as well.
The drop ins look more tapered on the bottom. Do they still leave a tiny gap between the bezel and body ?

Thanks!

Ray

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have found a much easier way to ID which Malkoff I have, in which flashlight (without ruining the flashlight by scribing it).

My M60's only go into 6/9P's, my M60L's only go into BLACK G2/3L's, and my M60LL's only go into YELLOW G2L's (and YELLOW G3L's if SF would "bring them out", come on SF, we NEED yellow G3's!)

I find this makes it very easy to ID my different Malkoff's.

My .02 FWIW YMMV

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its great you love them so much. they really are awesome

P.S. delicious choice on the cigar! i love the milds.

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you like the M60L compared to the P60L? I have a stock G2L with a good tint, but I've been thinking of getting a M60L for it, due to the improved output and runtime.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
The M60L is a freak of nature if you use the P60L as a benchmark!
It is alot brighter than the P60L and it runs in regulation longer as well.

It is a world of difference and you will not go back to the P60L. You think your tint is ok on the P60L but you'll see it differently after the Malkoff.

Last edited:

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice pics! It's been a while since I had a Malkoff in my hand. Are the drop-ins no longer engraved by hand? Those thin yellow labels look new to me.

Yup, it seems like just in the past couple weeks Mr. M switched from hand engraving to those yellow labels.

Have an engraved M60 & M60L bought on July 28th and just received a yellow label M60 in the mail today.

The engraving makes it seem much more personable...

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't believe you carved "P60L" into the head of that beautiful Surefire combat light... :(

You mean he could have just put on a taped label or something and not chicken scratched the otherwise beautiful housing? Where is the fun and adventure in that? :crackup:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
You two guys are bing "BAD". Reminds me of the time that I did a trade and ended up with this great looking sporter modified Model 98 Mauser, great until I checked the side of the receiver closer. Previous owner had scratched his name and social security number deeply into the receiver.

Bill

jbviau

Enlightened
The engraving makes it seem much more personable...

I can see your point, but I always thought the engraving was a little too folksy. The yellow labels give a cleaner, more professional look that's in keeping with the quality of the product.

cl0123

Enlightened
Interesting. I've got my first set of M60's a couple of weeks ago and don't remember seeing the yellow labels. Last weekend, my mouse :)whistle: not me) clicked on a few more and so I should find out if the new crops come with labels or not.

Yes, M60 drop-ins are very well made. No complaint. Hopefully, there will be a multi-mode drop-in in the near future.

With Aloha,

Clarence

riceboy72

Newly Enlightened
Talked to Gene last week and asked him about the yellow labels; said it was something he was trying out to see how it worked. I personally liked the hand scribed model numbers, too, but when it comes down to it, it's a Malkoff and I couldn't ask for much more beyond the output and construction!

I ordered an M60L from him three weeks ago and got a model that was hand done. My last M60 that came a week and a half ago had the yellow band on it. My second M60 should be here any day now. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas to finally get here!

PseudoFed

Enlightened
I have found a much easier way to ID which Malkoff I have, in which flashlight (without ruining the flashlight by scribing it).

My M60's only go into 6/9P's, my M60L's only go into BLACK G2/3L's, and my M60LL's only go into YELLOW G2L's (and YELLOW G3L's if SF would "bring them out", come on SF, we NEED yellow G3's!)

I find this makes it very easy to ID my different Malkoff's.

My .02 FWIW YMMV

Actually, I only need to look at the lenses to ID the malkoff's the engraving is for when I had about 6 flashlights (6Ps and Z2s) in play, some with P60s, some with P61s, and some with P60Ls. Maybe I should scratch them out with the engraver now...:crazy:

PseudoFed

Enlightened
I can't believe you carved "P60L" into the head of that beautiful Surefire combat light... :(

Actually, the heads are not Surefire. Wouldn't do that to a SF. But, my lights are tools, at least these SFs--so anything I need that won't affect function. I figure in and out of my Comp-Tac bezel down kydex holsters will take their toll on the heads anyway. Oh, and the stock SF heads were professionally sealed hermetically, are insured by Lloyds of London for 10X their value, and stored in my safe deposit box at Banque Swisse....:devil:

PseudoFed

Enlightened
WOW, it looks great!!
I ordered a M60L yesterday, hope it arrives looking like that as well.
The drop ins look more tapered on the bottom. Do they still leave a tiny gap between the bezel and body ?

Thanks!

Ray

I don't know about the gaps. But funny thing-the aftermarket bezels (I believe) came with brass spacer ring. After I dropped in the malkoffs, one of the lights would not stay on-came and went! CRAP! Then I realized I had that brass ring between the unit and the battery--causing intermittent battery contact, instead of between the unit and the lense where it belonged. Whew!!!

PseudoFed

Enlightened
Its great you love them so much. they really are awesome

P.S. delicious choice on the cigar! i love the milds.

Thanks. Usually I tend toward fuller bodied cigars. Current budget favorite are the Hoyo and Punch double maduro (aka Oscuro). But, it was a freebie-my 3rd cuban ever. At least this one burned right, and it was flavorful, just not as heavy as I like.