Fenix L0D Q4 vs Streamlight Microstream

Modern_Major_General

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if the L0D was brighter on medium mode than the microstream, or visa-versa.

I know that the microstream says 20 lumens and the L0D says 30, but you all know how reliable advertised specs are.

shomie911

Enlightened
I remember seeing some beamshots where the Microstream had a brighter hotspot but with less bright spill.

I love my Microstream.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or consider combining the two together for IMHO the ultimate AAA or 10440:devil: experience!

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or consider combining the two together for IMHO the ultimate AAA or 10440:devil: experience!
I'm still trying to figure out how to use the MS clicky on the LOD like I've read from others. If the MS barrel is threaded towards the head, it's got a liner that extends past the threaded area and I can't break it apart.

Any input would be appreciated.

jbviau

Enlightened
Yup, take the time to prepare the light well like in that post above and you'll be fine. I did pretty much what Lite_me described except that I substituted band-aids for the friction tape (improvise!) and skipped the vise (don't have one). Those clamps are great for grip.

As for the OP's question, I've sold my Fenixstream, but I remember the L0D's medium mode being brighter than the Microstream.

superflytnt

Enlightened
Hi everyone, as a new member who happens to own both lights (and since the OP's question wasn't answered yet) let me say that my MS is brighter than my LOD Q4 on medium. The LOD on high beats it overall but the MS still throws just as far. If someone asked me, I'd recommend the MS but you can't go wrong with either. Hope this helps, have a good one!