Confessions of a Flashaholic--Instant Email Notification

PseudoFed

Enlightened
My name is Jeff, and I'm a flashaholic.

A couple weeks back I re-discovered "instant email notification" for subscribed threads, PMs, etc. Since I carry a Blackberry and have all my emails come to my hip, I've discovered the joy of that little (custom) tone that tells me someone has replied to a thread I'm subscribed to. It even helped get quick notification of a PM from a Moderator telling me my new sig pic was too wide, which I promptly fixed. Cool!

And even though the instant message tells me what the poster's reply said, I have to login and see it!

Does anyone else (ab)use this feature!?:whistle:

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha - guilty as charged!

I'd be lost without email notifications and my bberry.

cl0123

Enlightened
Glad I'm not a flashaholic. :grin2: ...not to Jeff's extent anyway.

Except the phone calls, I turned all alerts off.

With Aloha,

Clarence

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guilty here too. I don't have a blackberry but I use the instant email notification - if I'm home I'll see the email pop up in thunderbird, if I'm out and about I've been known to sign onto my email account from my mobile and check the email, and possibly even check the thread :whistle:

Illum

Flashaholic
heh, I use the user CP to notify me of new posts in subscribed threads, I used to use instant email notification then my email box keeps getting maxed out:crackup:

PseudoFed

Enlightened
heh, I use the user CP to notify me of new posts in subscribed threads, I used to use instant email notification then my email box keeps getting maxed out:crackup:

I guess it's good I'm a junior flashaholic. I can't imagine my inbox if I were a seasoned flashaholic like you!

One thing about the instant notification though I've not figured out is the note that says "There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again." Maybe I get into each forum (General and LED primarily) each time I log in, but it doesn't seem so, yet I'll get one more notice per thread even if I just log in to Candlepowerforums.com.

In true flashaholic form, I wouldn't mine one notice per reply, but then again I guess that would reduce the need to actually log into the forum!

I feel a donation coming on soon.....:rolleyes:

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
i turned it on once and my inbox got filed way too fast, its more fun just browsing these posts and stumbling across one you posted or replyed to earlier