What is up with this usps shipping route?

tempman

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a light from fenix-store.com, so it shipped from atlanta, GA to gainesville, FL. I have my mail fowarded since I've moved across town (a few miles), so here is the route usps decided to go with my package.

bullet_circle.gif
Processed, August 18, 2008, 8:16 pm, JACKSONVILLE, FL 32203
bullet_circle.gif

Forwarded, August 16, 2008, 3:03 pm, GAINESVILLE, FL
bullet_circle.gif

Undeliverable as Addressed, August 16, 2008, 9:04 am, GAINESVILLE, FL 32606
bullet_circle.gif

Arrival at Unit, August 16, 2008, 6:37 am, GAINESVILLE, FL 32601
bullet_circle.gif

Processed, August 15, 2008, 10:44 pm, GAINESVILLE, FL 32608
bullet_circle.gif

Processed, August 15, 2008, 2:17 am, JACKSONVILLE, FL 32203
bullet_circle.gif

Processed, August 13, 2008, 9:35 pm, ATLANTA, GA 30320
bullet_circle.gif

Electronic Shipping Info Received, August 13, 2008

so my question is, why would they send it back to the Jacksonville facility when all it needed to do was go down the street to a different post office? anyone with knowledge of usps?

thanks,
Jeff

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
so my question is, why would they send it back to the Jacksonville facility when all it needed to do was go down the street to a different post office? anyone with knowledge of usps?

thanks,
Jeff

It's punishment for not having given Fenix your current address to start with. If you do it again, they plan on returning item to sender. :devil:

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
The system is designed to be as efficient as possible for millions of pieces of mail each day, not for just one package.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's punishment for not having given Fenix your current address to start with. If you do it again, they plan on returning item to sender. :devil:
Yes, I wonder, why wouldn't anyone provided their most current shipping address to begin with??

Does one like to tempt fate? I take great care to ensure my packages are sent to me so I get it as fast as possible. There are enough stories about stuff getting lost in the mail, that I feel bad for 4sevens who re-shipped lights even though he was under no obligation to do so.

This casual temptation of the test of the mail system for one's order makes no sense to me.

acourvil

Enlightened
I had a Priority Mail package that was supposed to go from one place in northern California to another place in northern California that was less than 100 miles away make a side trip through Hawaii . . . .