What is a better flashlight, a Fenix E20 or a Pelican StealthLite 2410 Recoil LED?

LED Flashlights.

Enlightened
I know the Pelican is built tough, but is it too bright for working under a sink?

The Fenix E20 allows you to change the beam from wide to tight, is that too bright to work under a sink?

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
See the mini-review of the E20 by selfbuilt. He pretty much answers your 2nd question, and reports that even on wide, the E20 is too bright for close-range work:

selfbuilt said:
I think its easy for us to forgot just how bright LED lights have become. Frankly, I find this single-stage light way too bright for regular tasks around the house at night. I certainly wouldn't even consider it for up-close tasks like poking around inside a computer, looking under cupboards, etc - all tasks the original MiniMag became legendary for. Without a low mode, I'm afraid this light is relegated to mainly outdoor use.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
at close range under 2 meters the Pelican 2410 is too bright & too small a spot to be useful.

for thatan older light like the Princeton Tec Attitude is more ideal. more flood, smaller dimesions than the 2410 for tight quarters, runtime beyond 10hrs near constant (naked eye test) & as tough as the Pelican's. prolonged useage beyond 3 hours did not result in any heat gain. :thumbsup:

runtime for PT Attitude was done on alkaline primaries.

Last edited:

LED Flashlights.

Enlightened
at close range under 2 meters the Pelican 2410 is too bright & too small a spot to be useful.

for thatan older light like the Princeton Tec Attitude is more ideal. more flood, smaller dimesions than the 2410 for tight quarters, runtime beyond 10hrs near constant (naked eye test) & as tough as the Pelican's. prolonged useage beyond 3 hours did not result in any heat gain. :thumbsup:

runtime for PT Attitude was done on alkaline primaries.

Cool, great information. :thumbsup:

Do you recomend a Princeton Tec Attitude model?

I'm looking, they are even cheaper then both the Fenix E20 and Pelican StealthLite 2410 Recoil LED.

I'm always looking for a good deal.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
for tasks within 2 meter range, yes. but do note the light's a twist on/off, not a clickie.

some may have issues with lights using 4 cells instead of less. but few lights that i know of have that wide a flood beam. if price is not an issue, maybe Surefire L4? :green:

LED Flashlights.

Enlightened
for tasks within 2 meter range, yes. but do note the light's a twist on/off, not a clickie.

some may have issues with lights using 4 cells instead of less. but few lights that i know of have that wide a flood beam. if price is not an issue, maybe Surefire L4? :green:

You are right.

Wow, most definitely too much for me.

Thanks though.