MAGLITE 4d Led question

christaki69

Newly Enlightened
I have a 4d led maglite and wondering if the Terralux TLE-6EX would be better bulb than the original Maglite led. Is it worth it to get that will i notice a difference between the two?

Is there any other led bulb i could put in there i do not want drop in or lose my focus capabilities.

Please let me know.

GPB

Enlightened
I have just switched from the Mag LED to the Terralux in a 3D and the Terralux is brighter. If you don't have either bulb, definately get the terralux. If you've already got the Mag, I don't know if its worth spending the $25 to get a little brighter. If you use your light for extended periods you will get a longer burn time with the Mag, but a brighter light with the Terralux, and the brightness will become more pronounced the longer you run the light since the TL handles heat better than the Mag does. ( I have read this on these forums, I haven't noticed that myself )

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since you already have LED module from mag, replace the emitter with ssc p4 to double the output for less than $10. Of course you need to do some very basic soldering.

christaki69

Newly Enlightened
Isnt the terralux ssc p4 the same thing?? i understand changing the emitter but will i only get 150 lumens? that is not double 120 is what the output is at now

Last edited:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stock magled have 60ish lumen out front, after upgrade it's easily 120 out front. I don't have terralux so I don't know its output, maybe someone else can tell you.

tobushomme

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,

I got a Drop-In from Sven Dittman (German product) for my mag 4 D. and it kicks a**.

Cealing bounce gives the impression, its almost as bright as my P3D Q5. But fully focusable. I tried the original Mag drop-in form my brother and it looks so dimm.

Dittmann claims the LED kicks out 240 lumens and goes down to 180 lumens to protect the drop in from overheating. I meassured 770 mA and its goning down 10 mA all 5 sec. or so. It has a solid brass body and looks well made. I have no Idea what LED it uses.

finaly a fine pice of lighting we here in Germany can easily get. (not like malkoff and such)

I really like the thing. havent used my MAG for more than 10 years. but now its back. Man that 4 D - light feels good :devil:

So if u r European look at this: http://www.led4more.de/Seite11.htm

regards

tobus

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Are you going for sheer output, or do you want a brighter light that will still perform reliably. I can tell you from experience that if you want the latter, go with the MagLED drop-in.