How to carry an AAA battery on a keyring?

OrlandoLights

Newly Enlightened
I have started using an LF2 as a keyring light, and would like to carry a spare battery with it. Is there a strong, lightweight, waterproof tube just the size of an AAA battery that would attach to a keyring?

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of daywalker's creations and it is great. Lets me carry my diffuser and a spare cell on my keychain with the LF2 SSC. You could try to PM him and see if he has any extras left. And the schematics are there if you want to try and have your own made. Beyond that you should check into a small spy capsule. I know I've seen some pretty tiny ones at REI before that migh fit a single AAA.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Use the E01.

+1

The best spare AAA carrier I have found is a spare AAA light! Something like the E01 or E0 take up almost no extra space compared to the AAA cell + carrier itself, plus you have an additional backup for emergencies.

However I remember seeing that Peak made a very small AAA carrier if that's really what you want.

juplin

Enlightened
Use the E01.
E01 can serve well as a good AAA battery container and the secondary keychain flashlight.
But E01 loaded with 10440 as a battery container will be killed if the head switch is accidentally twisted on.

Many of the LF2 users are using 10440 Li-ion cells for performance and efficiency.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E01 sounds like good thinking.

As Juplin says a 10440 would kill it but a small piece of plastic between the + battery terminal and the head would sort that out. You still couldn't use the E01 of course.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem of any powerful AAA light is the need to carry spare batteries due to very short run times on high (heck I still do it with AA lights as well but it's not as crucial). The E01 + a bit of tape would seem to be the best solution. :)

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
makes you wonder if you put the battery upsidedown in the E01 would it not work and not harm the light?

Illum

Flashaholic
peak LED solutions once had a 1AAA holder for the keys. I managed to buy one off the forum but I have never managed to acquire any info on it:ohgeez:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may have sold you that Peak AAA holder. It was larger than an ARC AAA, so I'm just using an old 3lm Arc as a spare holder.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Same here. I suppose you could say my old Arc on the keychain is carrying a spare for the E01, though I've never actually used it that way.

Geoff

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,
It may be the same thing as the spy capsule mentioned above, but I carry a spare AAA for my ARC in the large Bison capsule at http://www.sissy-n-cr.com/store4.shtml . It's a pretty good fit, but by tucking a little foam in both the bottom and the lid, there is no rattle at all. The only change I would want is a 'natural' finish, since the anodizing rubbed off pretty quickly on my keychain.

OrlandoLights

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the ideas guys. I wasn't thinking clearly, wanting just a metal tube when there are flashlights to buy. :thumbsup:

Anyway, I sent off a PM about the LF2 diffuser cap. And I ordered the Bison keyring capsule in both sizes from Sissy-n-cr cause they look like they may be useful somehow. And I'll look into the EO1, or maybe another LF2. :whistle:

:thanks:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix E0 is a fair bit smaller than the E01. Brightness is still good. Difference only noticable in side by side comparison. Might be cheaper if you can still find them.