Question on a Surefire tailcap

geegee

Newly Enlightened
I'm going through my spare parts looking for a Z57, and found another hard anodized SF tailcap, but it's one I don't recognize. It's too big for an E series light, but too small to fit a 6P. I've never owned any C series Surefire lights, so I'm wondering if this tailcap might be for one of those?

I must have received it in a trade, intending to use it, but it looks new and unused. I'd like to trade it, but really can't identify it. :eek:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you post a pic?

Are you sure it is a Surefire? Any Logo?

The 6P IS a C-series light actually...or could be classified as one due to the parts(Tailcap) being the exact same as C2/C3/9P/M2/M3/M3T/M4/Z2/Z3/D2/D3...

So to sum things up...if it doesn't fit an E-series and it doesn't fit a 6P it probably is NOT a surefire.

Pics would help resolve this once and for all.

EDIT: as other below sated..it could be an L1/L2/A2 tail

Last edited:

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tailcap from my L1 is a mid-size... too large for E series, too small for P series.

DaFABRICATA is correct as far as the P series being the same size as the C, D, M and Z series.

geegee

Newly Enlightened
Okay, that makes sense. I've owned several L1's and A2's, although not in a year or two. I'll try to get a pic up later if I can. It does have a good sized recess near the button, which I believed I've used in the past for a lanyard ring.

Thanks.