• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD OUT : Cree UV LEDs

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received 10 Cree XL UV LEDs. A lot of CPF members expressed interest in this LED which is actually discontinued by Cree, so they're hard to get.

Cree XL LED emitters

Pricing
  • Bare LED emitters : 13.94 USD each
  • LED emitters mounted on aluminum PCB : not available
  • shipping : 5 USD worldwide priority mail, shipped within 12 hours
  • registered mail : add an additional 7 USD

Ordering
  • if you send Paypal, please include : your CPF nickname, shipping address and total order
  • Cash Paypal : SOLD OUT
  • Credit Card Paypal : add 5% and send to SOLD OUT (mind the underscore/low line!)
  • anonymous ordering is possible, just contact me by PM

Shipping
  • all orders will be shipped by worldwide priority mail
  • emitters will be shipped in their original packaging like they come from the Cree factory
  • the LEDs will be secured between 2 pieces of cardboard and shipped in a soft padded envelope for maximum protection
  • since this is a non-profit sale I can not be responsible for lost unregistered mail
  • shipping within 12 hours after ordering

Services
These services are included in the price :
  • all LEDs will be shipped in a soft padded high quality envelope
  • daily shipping for all orders, shipping by worldwide priority mail within 12 hours after ordering
  • address labels will be printed with a professional label printer

Thanks!
Erasmus

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Cree UV LEDs available!

I'll take 3.

:paypal:Pay-Pal Sent

Thanks for making these available!

If there is any way you can put them in a plastic bottle top and maybe put a cotton ball with tape over the top....like the kind that screw on to coke/pepsi/gatorade bottles I will pay extra. I just don't want the domes to get destoyed as I have heard several stories of ruined Crees due to insufficiant packaging. I'm not trying to be a pain in the ***, but I'd be a bit mad if I threw $50.00 down the drain because some idiot at the post office handled these ruff.

Please let me know if you can help me out in this regard.

Last edited:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

I'll take 2. PP sent.

Last edited:

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

:takeit: TWO (2)
2 x $13.94 = $27.88
shipping - $5
total - $32.88
:paypal: :thanks:

Last edited:

cdosrun

Enlightened

Hi Erasmus,

As I believe that makes ten LEDs, I would like one if there are any drop-outs from the above.

Thank you,

Andrew

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast

That makes ten indeed, and all payments are received. All orders are shipped, thanks to everyone for ordering! I will try to get more, but I think I can't get any more since it's a discontinued part. Will do my best anyway :)

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess these LEDs are not the Cree XL UV but the Cree XR UV LEDs. The XL series looks like this : http://www.x-light.com/cms/i/325561$[500x0].jpg with some notches at the side of the electrical path. The XR and XR-E ( http://flashlightnews.org/images/Cree_XLamp7090XR-Eunlit_med.jpg ) have a straight edge, and this is exactly how these UV LEDs look like. I sent an e-mail to Cree to ask what's up with the UV LEDs, whether we can still get some somewhere and I also asked for some datasheets because I don't find any on the internet. If any of you have a problem with the LED being from the XR-series instead of the XL-series, please send me a PM so we can work something out.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's one of the questions I sent to Cree :) Except for the package I guess they're the same.

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heh, I always figured it was a typo. Although XL does sound cooler, gimme a few of those.:D:crackup:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine today!!!:twothumbs

I already used one in a 6P drop-in!:naughty:

Great output!!!:cool:.............now I'm off to clean my bathrooms...again:sick2::green::eek:

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow that's fast! Can you post some beamshots? I have mine lying on my desk but still have to make some exams before I can build a UV flashlight :)

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here ya go!

Thanks again!

020-2.jpg

018-5.jpg