any comparisons : spaceneedle II + the megaclops?

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been doing a lot of reading and it seems they both are in the 5w (w bin 143 to 192 lumens) and I was wondering if anyone could comment on these two lights, it seems as they are at the top of the class right now.
any opinions would be appreciated.

nqwan v2.0

Newly Enlightened
The Space Needle is a 2C Maglite and runs off of 3x123's whereas the Megaclops is a 2D Maglite run off of 6 AA's. The reflectors are the same and the difference in brightness between the two depends on the LS itself. Both are excellent flashlights and I highly recommend them. I personally have a SNII (RB), a Megaclops SE, and whats sort of a SNII/Megaclops HD mix (3x123 in a 2D Mag) which was built by Mr. Bulk.

Which one to buy? IMHO that's a matter of whats more convenient for you. I prefer the HD's over the SE counterparts and which bodysize I like better really depends on the situation. Oh and try to get a UCL from flashlightlens.com if you do purchase one. They really do make a difference.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't know they were that similar. I guess it would kind of depend on what bin rating the LS came from,the higher the better and to what level it is being driven to. I think Lambda was driving his to about double to 10 watt. What kind of beam and beam throw did you get out of the space needle and what does the rb stand for?
thanks,

nqwan v2.0

Newly Enlightened
Both are running on 9 volts. My HD's have a tighter hotspot and more throw then my SE's but the SE's produce a smoother beam (if that makes any sense to you). RB = royal blue

Floating Spots

Enlightened
Re: any comparisons : spaceneedle II + the megaclo

The Space Needle II is in a C cell light.
The Megacylops is in a D cell light.

The Megacyclops puts out a very large, very bright flood.
The SNII put out the best beam of any of my lights (6Z w/ P61 included) in brightness and focus.