• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired For Sale: Lucce de Notte: withdrawn

For Sale is a brass and aluminum Lucce de Notte made by PhotonFanatic. I believe it was called "the fighter" because of its crenelated bezel. Blue tritium inside. Gives of a soft blue light in the dark. A beautiful piece.

Price: $250.00, priority mail included. No paypal fees. International add $20.00.

First I'll take it gets the Lucce. Paypal only please. Paypal address is wmlafferty [at] comcast [do] net.

2781920241_ba386603f9.jpg

2781920163_bcdb1040df.jpg

2782777886_caf61c6267.jpg

2782123293_e12f71e54b.jpg

Last edited:
Re: For Sale: Lucce de Notte

What size is the Trit??

Any pics of the other end? :eek:oo:

Pictures of tail end added. The fourth photo. i have no idea of the size of the tritium insert. Fred (PhotonFanatic) called it a tritium sphere. Please note that I changed the description to indicate the materials used are brass and aluminum, not brass and steel. My error.

Last edited:

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow. This light is quite different and nice to see. I am assuming that this light is really compact.

OP...all the best in your sale.

manoloco

Enlightened

Doesnt use any battery, its using tritium inside a phosphor layered sphere as light source, it will last around 12 years and then fade out, at that time you can buy another tritium sphere to replace the one on the Lucce de Notte i guess.

Will, you should post the small size of this beauty (comparison pics and measurement numbers), it bet its impressive and should catch potential buyers

paulr

Flashaholic

Gary123, look at the Luce de Notte threads in the Photon Fanatic forum if you want to know more about the Luce. I have a grooved brass one and it is simply beautiful.

bf1

Enlightened

Bump to a good seller and great guy.

Some folks have PM'd me asking for more detail on the dimensions of the Lucce, and since others may be wondering the same thing, I'll post a fuller description here.

The OAL is 1.7 inches.

The silver colored aluminum pedastal is threaded up into the brass head and is .95 inch tall. The threads alone on the aluminum base, which extend up into the brass head, are almost half an inch tall.

A dimple or divot is machined into the top of the aluminum base (the top of the base and the dimple are not visible when the light is assembled) and the base of the tritium sphere sits in this divot. The tritium sphere sits on a plastic washer, and then the base. The tritium sphere is epoxied into a 20mm reflector which extends up into the brass head.

The brass head is 1.329 inches tall and is threaded onto the base. The whole assembly is 1.7 inches tall when threaded together. The head is fitted on top with what looks like a flashlight lens. Looking through the lens when the lucce is assembled, one can see the spherical tritium module sitting three quarters of an inch or so below the lens.

The module emits a soft ice blue light. It is not bright, but is is visible in the dark.

There are many talented people on CPF, and Fred (Photonfanatic), the maker of the lucce, is certainly one of them. Really, this piece belongs in the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art. It is a design masterpiece.

Sorry guys, but I have to withdraw this light. Not for the usual reasons, tho. This may be a first.

My wife just now came into my office, saw the lucce and asked what I was doing with it. I told her I was selling it. She said, "No. This light is not for sale." She then took it off my desk and walked away with it.

I asked her why she hadnt objected to my selling all those other lights, and she just looked at me. The only thing I can figure out is she likes really dim lights.

Anyway, the light is withdrawn at a wife's insistence. How often does that happen?

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bill, thanks for sharing, that's both hilarious and reassuring. Looks like you've converted her :crackup:. Nice job, that is a beautiful light too, glad you kept it.