New flashlight - AA. Newbie

planetf1

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I currently have a cheap generic 3xAAA LED torch which I'm pretty please at.

Looking to get a second one. Prefer AA (rechargeable). Would like good voltage regulation.

Current options include
- Ultrafire C3 5-mode (DX sku 7938) -?? P4 ??
- Ultrafire C3 6-mode (DX sku 12395) - Q3 emitter

There are also WF601 models, but they won't run off 1xAA
Both seem to be decent quality, come with extension tubes to allow use of 2xAA.

Both are in the 20-25 USD range.

I'm inclined to go with the 6-mode Q3. Any reason why the 5-mode might be better? Or is there another better torch?

planetf1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks - that ESE looks interesting, although it is 50% more in price (38 USD with shipping rather than ~22 USD).

I guess the main reason was the Q5 emitter rather than P4 or Q3? Presume we're talking a difference in light output of ~15% ? (just based on emitter)

However the feature I liked from the ultrafires was the ability to use either 1 AA (smaller) or 2 AA (longer life).

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always thought that ESE looked pretty nice, but if you wnt to get a very similar light for even cheaper, there is a similar like on DX that I have heard a few ppl like:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10688
Also as far as cheap lights go, The Romisen RC-N3 is a fantastic light and only 17.50 on DX. It uses 2xAA or 1xCr123
Also the Lumapower LM31 might be up your alley, although it is a little bit pricer than what I think you were looking for(29 bucks plus shipping).
Did u check out the budget thread?

Last edited:

Latest posts