Got my SF L1-Cree

hcd615

Enlightened
Well, as I stated a few days ago I had owned a L1 for about 3 hours until my employee loved it and I gave it to him.

I dont know why it took so long to buy another one. The UI is great. Love the 1 cell configuration and it fits nicely in a Ripoff CO-12 holster. I had a bit of reserve when I got the light because even though I bought it from a reputable dealer that I have used in the past and advertises on this forum the light did not have the yellow sticker that says More Output and Longer Runtime or whatever it said when I bought the first one.

I called the dealer and I was told that was old packaging when they first came out and I know it is correct becuase it does say dual output and 10 lumen and 65 lumen outputs. I am just glad I finally got another one.

Last edited:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe it would be helpful if you could post a picture of the current packaging. With the names of the SF lights remaining always the same while the innards change, the packing itself has proven sometimes very useful in telling which is which, mostly in case of purchases made on the net.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think after awhile, the L1 cree just isnt new anymore..it just...is...:)

anyway, wait till you get it milkied, thats where the real fun starts...;)

Crenshaw

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw some freshly-shipped (from SF) L1s recently that had no stickers on the packaging. Since these just came in from SF, maybe it is new packaging, not old. Or maybe they're just shipping in whatever is on the top of the bin at the time...or maybe they ran out of stickers temporarily...or...