Best EDC combinations

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to find out what your best EDC combinations are. I keep reading about people who carry a nice primary light, and then have a back up or three :whistle:...

I've rotated my EDC combinations, from initially L1D Q5 with L0D, to NiteCore D10 with L1D Q5. Then I switched to 2 NiteCore D10s, using one as a spare AA battery carrier.

I've finally found my best EDC combination, methinks.... NiteCore D10 and Zebralight H50 Q5. The H50 is so small, barely bigger than a AA battery, so it will be used mostly as a spare battery carrier. However, should my D10 get lost or fail for some reason, the H50 will work in a pinch. Plus I have two very versatile lights for almost every situation.

The small size of the D10 + the ultra small size of the H50, with 2 AA Eneloops in both, seems to me to be the best combination so far.

What's your perfect EDC combinations?

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
This is what my favorite and most used EDC combo usually consists of:

150 lumen Task Force for standard flashlight use, as it is super powerful yet very small and long runtime.

Brinkmann Dual Krypton spotlight for standard flashlight use but a little more power than the Task Force.

Coleman 530 lumen CREE XR-E spotlight for when I need an extremely powerful flashlight with a super long runtime, but still smaller than standard spotlights.

Brinkmann Qbeam Big Max 3 million MaxPower (candlepower) rechargeable spot/flood light for direct 12 volt DC use and portable spotlight use.

Power On Board HID for when I need extreme throw, a spotlight with a long runtime, and its nice blue beam.

What I have listed here is my EDC combination for what I bring in the car when I go somewhere, but usually I only have my Task Force on my person in public places.
If I am going on a walk I will carry both my Power On Board HID, and either my Task Force or my Coleman LED spotlight.

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
Wow, you really like powerful outputs!

Yes I do!:grin2:

I also like to combine lights which are very different from each other because it is very interesting to use them together in various situations.

For example, I use my Brinkmann Qbeam as a flood light and my POB HID for spotting distant objects. I like using my Dual Krypton spotlight and Task Force together because they have such different beam patterns. The Task Force has a round blue beam with little spill and the Dual Krypton has a yellow beam which is very floody and has a ton of spill.

It seems like each light has at least one thing it does better at than all of the others.

BTW, I have a new 5mw green laser coming in the mail that will complete my EDC collection.:D

Rossymeister

Enlightened
My best combination would be the 120P and the E1B.

The 120P is used for a floody beam.

The E1B Is used for throw.

This is a perfect combination for my personal uses.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a great thread!

My lineup:

City EDC:
-Arc-aaa GS on keys
-Surefire E1B in pocket
-Surefire E2DL in EDC bag

Country EDC:
-Arc-aaa GS on my keys
-Surefire L1 Cree in my pocket
-Surefire C2 + FM34 + M60 in EDC bag

If I am carrying a bigger bag or traveling long distance out of the city (by car, bus or train), I will throw my E2L in also as an emergency light...

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
I have been carrying a one of a kind Q3 with two stages and 8 trit vials sporting one of the new Nichia high color temp LEDs for a gorgeous sunlight in your hand beam - perfect for close tasks. I would like to be able to augment that with another 'large' light for throw, but can't bring myself to carry another light on the belt or one that bulges in the pocket. So, the other ones are an Arcmania Extreme III on Li-ion in one pocket and a Fenix E01 on my keychain in the other. The Extreme III can be comfortably held between the teeth when working with both hands and has strobe/sos/damn that's bright output. The Fenix E01's purpose is of course to serve as enough light for a long time.

And I too have contemplated carrying my Zebralight, but I wouldn't want to carry the strap, and that is how I would want to use it.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a bunch of lights in my EDC rotation but my back up is always my Fenix E01 with a litium battery in it. I like it as a back up because it is small, is bright enough to get most things done and it has nice long runtime.

Desertrat

Newly Enlightened
I usually use ARC AAA in the pocket, SF G2Z or Minimag Terra Lux on the belt....and probably my PalmBlaze K2 in my EDC Bag.

fleegs

Enlightened
Nautilus and the 120 Ra Twisty.

The beams, runtimes, brightness levels and batteries compliment each other.

Rob

lightsandknives

Enlightened
The light that never changes for me is my CR2-Ion as it's always in my left front pocket. This provides the flood beam when it's called for.

The other light will rotate based on what I'm wearing or just feel like that day.

The 2nd light that is in rotation in another pocket or holster will either be an EX10, D10, L1D, or E1B.

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened
At this very moment I am EDC'ing:

Ra Twisty 85Tr
and
2-stage Orb Raw modded with a HDS EDC U60GT emitter.

Those two lights are doing it all for me right now.

The Raw and Ra doing their duty.
Raawwrrr!! :cool:

da.gee

Enlightened
I always have my Muyshondt Nautilus in right front pocket. In my bag I take when I go out, I always carry two lights: my Ti PD-S for backup (and showing off); a Dereelight CL1H/SMO 3SD Q5 version for throw and a lot of versatility.

Occasionally I 'll drag along another light in that group if its my current favorite.

Kanai

Newly Enlightened
I carry one of the following - Novatac 120P, HDS B60, or P2D.
My back up is a LOD CE and ARC AAA (sometimes I just carry one of the back ups.)
I also carry spare batteries(one 123 & one lithium AAA)

Rossymeister

Enlightened
I've finally found my best EDC combination, methinks.... NiteCore D10 and Zebralight H50 Q5....

how do you like the Zebralight H50?

I have been contemplating acquiring one for quite some time now, but im still trying to decide what i am going to use it for.

Great Thread BTW.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
how do you like the Zebralight H50?

I have been contemplating acquiring one for quite some time now, but im still trying to decide what i am going to use it for.

Great Thread BTW.
Thanks. I love the ZL H50 Q5.

Granted it's not the perfect light for all situations, but as a super lightweight and small headlamp with pure flood, it simply is unbeatable.

I use it when I'm doing yardwork late at night. It doesn't project out well over 7-8 feet, but I have my D10 for that.

The super small size of the ZL H50 makes it perfect as a spare battery carrier for the venerable AA. I highly recommend it!

I think you'll be very happy with it, so long as you understand its niche in terms of use. :)

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your input!
You're welcome.

By the way, I measured the ZL H50 to my E01, and the E01 is actually 4-5mm longer than the H50!!

So rather than carry the E01 and not be able to have a spare AA for my D10, I can carry something as small as the E01 and still have a spare Eneloop AA for use.

I think that's really impressive. :)

Here's a picture of the relative sizes of the D10, E01, and H50 to give people an idea...

size4ne5.jpg

Look at how small the H50 is compared to the E01... and the D10, which is already pretty small to begin with. :twothumbs

Last edited: