Jetbeam        

Thread: SureFire E2DLed Defender- Powered by RCR123a's?

Default SureFire E2DLed Defender- Powered by RCR123a's?

Ordered a new Defender from LightHound for work and home edc with a simple sheath and batteries. I will be satisfied with the brightness as is because that's the way it was built by SF.

This will be my first flashlight running on primaries since getting the bug. Just wondering.. will it deal with rcr123's? Anyone tried it? It would be too expensive to simply shove a pair into it and try it if it calves..
    ********* You got to have faith when you walk into a possible flammable gas derailment with an explosion proof flashlight. That's why I like Streamlight.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: SureFire E2DLed Defender- Powered by RCR123a's?

Not the definitive answer via the two links you referenced, but so far all of the Surefire LED lights that take two CR123's will handle at least up to 9 volts. Would like to see a runtime graph with the E2D LED using two 3.7-4.2 volt RCR123's, also would like to know the current draw from the batteries.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by My3KidsDad! View Post
    Ordered a new Defender from LightHound for work and home edc with a simple sheath and batteries. I will be satisfied with the brightness as is because that's the way it was built by SF.

This will be my first flashlight running on primaries since getting the bug. Just wondering.. will it deal with rcr123's? Anyone tried it? It would be too expensive to simply shove a pair into it and try it if it calves..
    Does LightHound still carry Surefire??? Thought they had been discontinued for a long time.

I was too nervous to use anything but the 3V LiFeO4s for my E2DL...

http://www.batteryjunction.com/rc375reliba.html

But I am definitely not an authority on batteries.
    ...as for me, when you want a good laugh, you will find me, in a fine state, fat and flourishing, a true hog of Epicurus' herd...
    Running Collection List
    HERE

Been using AW protected rcr123a's in both my E2DL and E2L 2 level version since I got them with no problems. As stated, the low is not as low, but to me the high does seem a little brighter. BTW....both those heads run very well on just one AW protected rcr123a also for those who have a one cell e body to put them on.

Behold! The E1DL

And the E1L w/KX2
    Last edited by bondr006; 08-23-2008 at 08:15 AM.
    Rob Bond

That is great to hear! Ok, i got AW's rcr123's here and 17670's as well. What a bonus.
    ********* You got to have faith when you walk into a possible flammable gas derailment with an explosion proof flashlight. That's why I like Streamlight.

Quote Originally Posted by bondr006 View Post
    Been using AW protected rcr123a's in both my E2DL and E2L 2 level version since I got them with no problems. As stated, the low is not as low, but to me the high does seem a little brighter. BTW....both those heads run very well on just one AW protected rcr123a also for those who have a one cell e body to put them on.

Behold! The E1DL

That's a GREAT looking flashlight. Gotta get me one of those...

Yeah it is a sweet looking light. I had a TW4D Boxter that looked almost just like it, but another lucky CPF'r owns it now

Quote Originally Posted by varuscelli View Post
    That's a GREAT looking flashlight. Gotta get me one of those...
    Rob Bond

Quote Originally Posted by bondr006 View Post
    . . . I had a TW4D Boxter that looked almost just like it, but another lucky CPF'r owns it now
    Yeah, some guys have all the luck.

Got his number? I should check with the guy to make sure he appreciates what he's got...