SureFire E2DLed Defender- Powered by RCR123a's?

My3kidsfather

Enlightened
Ordered a new Defender from LightHound for work and home edc with a simple sheath and batteries. I will be satisfied with the brightness as is because that's the way it was built by SF.

This will be my first flashlight running on primaries since getting the bug. Just wondering.. will it deal with rcr123's? Anyone tried it? It would be too expensive to simply shove a pair into it and try it if it calves..

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/259 3896&postcount=2

Not the definitive answer via the two links you referenced, but so far all of the Surefire LED lights that take two CR123's will handle at least up to 9 volts. Would like to see a runtime graph with the E2D LED using two 3.7-4.2 volt RCR123's, also would like to know the current draw from the batteries.

Bill

bezel

Newly Enlightened
Ordered a new Defender from LightHound for work and home edc with a simple sheath and batteries. I will be satisfied with the brightness as is because that's the way it was built by SF.

This will be my first flashlight running on primaries since getting the bug. Just wondering.. will it deal with rcr123's? Anyone tried it? It would be too expensive to simply shove a pair into it and try it if it calves..

Does LightHound still carry Surefire??? Thought they had been discontinued for a long time.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been using AW protected rcr123a's in both my E2DL and E2L 2 level version since I got them with no problems. As stated, the low is not as low, but to me the high does seem a little brighter. BTW....both those heads run very well on just one AW protected rcr123a also for those who have a one cell e body to put them on.

Behold! The E1DL
E1DL.jpg

And the E1L w/KX2
E1L-KX2.jpg

Last edited:

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been using AW protected rcr123a's in both my E2DL and E2L 2 level version since I got them with no problems. As stated, the low is not as low, but to me the high does seem a little brighter. BTW....both those heads run very well on just one AW protected rcr123a also for those who have a one cell e body to put them on.

Behold! The E1DL
E1DL.jpg

That's a GREAT looking flashlight. Gotta get me one of those... :twothumbs

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
. . . I had a TW4D Boxter that looked almost just like it, but another lucky CPF'r owns it now :cool:

Yeah, some guys have all the luck. :shakehead

Got his number? I should check with the guy to make sure he appreciates what he's got... :p :D