Are "artifacts" in Arc-aaa GS cornona normal?

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just for the sake of curiosity (not that it hurts the usability) but my Arc-AAA GS has a decent ring of artifacts in the outermost spill of the beam - by looking at the spill, one would think the inside silver "bowl" surrounding the LED has been polished with a brillo! The actual "bowl" looks fine with no obvious marks or scratches.

Is this artifact-laden spill typical from the Arc-AAA GS?

Thanks in advance!

(note: the light is held about a foot from the wall in the pictures)

IMG_2185.jpg
IMG_2189.jpg

IMG_2190.jpg

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't look into the Evil Eye!!! It will consume everything in your wallet.

Mine looks the same.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
:laughing: Thanks for making me feel better - glad to know I'm not alone!

And you could not be more correct, these Evil Eyes have consumed everything in my wallet :broke:

Actually, if it came down to it, I bet I'd sell my wallet for one as well :shakehead

Last edited:

WTH

Newly Enlightened
I just received one today and mine looks the same too. The thing that most surprised me what how tight the o-ring is compared to my Arc-CS.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I threw some nyogel on the ring and threads and after about a week of use it seems to have "broken in" some...

I still can't get over the increase in spill and brightness over my E01 - love it!!!

WTH

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the tip on nyogel. I will put some on when I get home. A few little strips have peeled off the o-ring and I guess that will help over time as well. Better too tight, than too lose (and not be water-tight).

Yes, the output really surprised me too. I have my old Arc AAA-CS to compare, and although the claims on CPF say its twice as bright, it was still a shocker to turn on one after the other and see the huge increase in brightness!

shomie911

Enlightened
I still have a CS version. :sigh:

It's plenty bright for anything I'd actually use a keychain light for though.

Latest posts