• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TnC Key-Lux AA Red !!Withdrawn!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GVS_Lakers

Banned
Awesome condition, SSCP4 running at 350mA. It is the version that you twist the tailcap to turn on, very bright light. I can supply pics later, $105 Shipped USPS Priority w/DC

Last edited:

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: TnC Key-Lux AA Red

Wow, surprised nobody's snatched this up yet. It's a timeless classic, reliable with superb quality.

I've got a couple with Lux III and Vs, but no SSC . . . tempting.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

Wow, surprised nobody's snatched this up yet. It's a timeless classic, reliable with superb quality.

I've got a couple with Lux III and Vs, but no SSC . . . tempting.

I agree, very cool light especially in red HA. I've got the older version that uses a MJ pill & uses the head to twist to turn on. Mine is the 60 CPF specials though.

Wow Dennis, you have one with a LuxV in it?

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree, very cool light especially in red HA. I've got the older version that uses a MJ pill & uses the head to twist to turn on. Mine is the 60 CPF specials though.

Wow Dennis, you have one with a LuxV in it?

I have the TnC Li-Lux V version (#6/10) that also came with a 2 X CR2 tube, and a standard natural one with the 350 mA Lux III LE. I then bought an X-bin MJ750 LE to upgrade the standard one and run it on a 14500.

But this SSC LE is probably comparable in brightness with less heat and more efficiency.

Will, yours must be quite a collectible. I've never had one with the twisty head. Is the tube one-piece without a separate tailcap?

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

I have the TnC Li-Lux V version (#6/10) that also came with a 2 X CR2 tube, and a standard natural one with the 350 mA Lux III LE. I then bought an X-bin MJ750 LE to upgrade the standard one and run it on a 14500.

But this SSC LE is probably comparable in brightness with less heat and more efficiency.

Will, yours must be quite a collectible. I've never had one with the twisty head. Is the tube one-piece without a separate tailcap?

Wow, your's sounds very cool & very rare for #6/10. Mine is a CPF Special but it's #12/60.

I believe mine is totally different from the latest versions. Uses a different type of LE & the machining is different. I upgraded it to a SSC P4 but it's still not all that. I believe it's running at 150ma only. I've got a 10.5mm Flupic that I put the Draco UI on it waiting to go in it.

The tube is two pieces, has a seperate tailcap where you can use a Kroll in place of it. My tailcap definitely doesn't function as a twisty to turn it on though, I tried. The reflector in mine is fixed to the head. I wish my head matched the body better but I'm ok with it it. Are the new versions like this too?

Img_4659.jpg

Img_4664.jpg

Img_4660.jpg

Sorry to hijack the OP's post but at least we are showing how cool of a light this is. The latest ones as being sold must be even nicer!

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Will, that's very cool. I like the way the Kroll screws right into the tube.

Trying to stay on topic, here's a pic of mine. In the foreground is a light I believe is identical to the one for sale, save the color:

dsc1408vr7.jpg

The light and parts behind are the Li-Lux V package.

Note how the LE can mounts into the end of the tube, and the male/female tail threading is reversed. The reflector is still integral to the head, and anodizing is still multi-shaded. GVS' red one for sale is probably well matched.

Here is the rare and funky new style of the Kroll tail:

dsc1409yd7.jpg

The TnC 350 mA SSC LE alone sells for $79, and the KeyLux body for $80, so this is a great deal.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey GVS , do you know if your lights reflector can be removed and replaced with a Cree reflector???? I have a TNC Cree engine and was just wondering...

GVS_Lakers

Banned

Hey GVS , do you know if your lights reflector can be removed and replaced with a Cree reflector???? I have a TNC Cree engine and was just wondering...

Sorry, I am not sure.

This one is withdrawn, I thought I had it priced pretty well....:shrug:

easilyled

Flashaholic

This one is withdrawn, I thought I had it priced pretty well....:shrug:

Lights that would have sold in an instant not long ago have lingered on B/S/T for weeks recently.

I'm not sure why this is. The "credit crunch" can't be helping and maybe even CPFers are having to prioritize their spending. :(

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pricing was very good...I have a number of TnC "AA" and also "N" cell and they are excellent lights. I often carry a Black AA(14500 Li-on) Seoul (Flu -pic, dual level, LE built by Icarus).

My take on TnC lights, is that many on CPF are unfamiliar with this maker and the history that they have producing excellent, innovative lights.

There are today, quality mass-produced lights (nitecore, fenix, etc) that sell for less and have desirable UI's and LED's. These lights are well-documented and reviewed and are very usable for the cost. Quality, finish and fit are good and so for less money a very usable, attractive light can be purchased.

The TnC lights are IMO, extremely well machined and anodized and the designs are truly "custom". Much like the discussion regarding Surefire, I believe it can be said, until you see and use a TnC, you may not understand the slightly higher price or the worth and desirabiity?

209194248_n7sgZ-S.jpg
209194399_WxnqF-S.jpg
209194265_Zb7JG-S.jpg
83756169_kUFTz-S.jpg

TnC "N" proto, TnC SF CR2m, TnC "N' x2 TnC AA

I now only keep lights that I use and I stll have all in the picture above.

jeff

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.