My new Fenix flashlights from Fenix Store

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered 8 flashlights: 4 Fenix LOD, 2 E20 and 2 Fenix TK 10. I purchased several examples because I know that I have friends who want some when I show mine. I kept 1 of each for my self.

Fenix LOD:
perfect for the key chain in a size of a Maglite Solitaire, which I have had several years ago. But SEVERAL times brighter! I have not the Solitaire yet, but think that even the lowest mode is much brighter than the Solitaire. I read that the Solitaire have 50% of original brightness after only 11 minutes, the Fenix LOD have constant brightness during much longer time.

Fenix E20,
Like a Mini Maglite when it comes to size and batteries, and with only one brightness level. But there the likeness ends. I wish I had this one when I worked as a morning paper deliverer 10 years ago! When passed the attics between the staircases I brought with me my Mini Maglite because the roof lights didn't always work. It was also good to have a flashlight to find the buttons to the roof light which could be hard to find in the darkness and don't always were placed directly by the door.
The Fenix E20 is like a Mini Maglite but SEVERAL times brighter (around 8 times I think) and with a very even illuminated light beam. In comparison to the Mini Maglite it can also give constant brightness during more than 3 hours.

Fenix TK10,
Visibly very equal total brightness as my Tiablo A9. But with a slightly wider beam and about twice as wide "centerspot". The Tiablo A9 is a "thrower" and throws better than the Fenix TK10. But for the most cases I don't need a flashlight which can throw 200 meters or more. The Fenix TK10 is a much more suitable flashlight for the most circumstances. And it's as well shorter as thinner than the Tiablo (I became surprised how small it actually is!). Without debt; the TK10 is my new favourite for a small bright tactical flashlight!
It also has the advantage of changing the brightness modes and still have a tactical click switch. For the Tiablo A9 the tactical click switch is an accessory and makes it possible to use only the high mode.

I am very satisfied with all the flashlights. But I regret I don't ordered more examples of the E20! For the low price it's just great, and is a perfect gift to friends.

Regards, Patric

Last edited:

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Received package from Fenix Store

nice, im suprised you didnt add the L2D and Tk20 in that shopping spree :party:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast

qip,

Actually the first advert of the TK20 was provided some day after I sent my order! Yes, I likely had ordered some Tk20 if it had been offered some days later! Seems to be a great light too!

Regards, Patric

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just placed an order or an L1D an a TK10... :D

Owning already an L2D (which produces some not wanted high-frequency noise) I am satisfied with the output and the quality, so that I wanted an L1D for EDC.

I hope the TK10 is as good as decribed in this thread, I'll be a very happy man and still use my U2 at low end to go pissing at night (excuse me, but it is the truth)... :poof:

OK, this doesn't fit in this thread, but I think I have to explain it : The U2 is just the greatest light that I own, and I only use it with the diffuser to walk the 10 meters from my bed to the toilet at night. Now, you are really shocked, aren't you? :drool: Hey, I'm talking about a 250 $ + flashlight here!!!

This way, the U2 always lies on my night table, and I use it 2 nights of 3. What's more, I see it every day a few times. Sometimes, I only take it in my hand to turn the power-ring and to switch it on for a moment. The feeling ist just perfect in any way. I wouldn't wan to miss that flashlight, and I am happy it doesn't have any plastic tube in it and that it is equipped with a Luxeon.

To come back to the Fenix TK10 I ordered two hours ago : The cigar-ring will be gone 5 minutes after receiving the flashlight, I just like the look of the copper-ring. The TK10 will be with me outdoor, on cache-hunts, at day in caves and at night as companion to the L2D, the L4 and the modded 4C-Mag...

Isn't it great to just talk about the different floashlights you use in a thread where everything can be put in? :thinking:

I'm still an unenlighted, but the lights are coming! :candle:

I'll talk about the Ra Clicky in another thread, this one belongs to the Fenix after all! :twothumbs

I hope that you understand my concerns... :shakehead

Henk

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Henk Lu,

I will soon get some LED-dropins to my Maglite D models. I yet have the Terralux Ministar-5 to the 2D, but want some Elektrolumens to my 3D and 6D...

About the TK10 I like the cigar-ring, though it's metallic and not as good as the rubber ring of the Tiablo A9.

I have no experience of the Surefire U2. I didn't even know what flashlight the U2 is but found it with google... ;-)

Regards, Patric

roof

Newly Enlightened
The Fenix TK11 is also my favorit light for searching in buildings and short distance. When I need to shine further, I use my Lumapower MRV.