Longest throw?

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
I've searched the forum looking for the smallest light with the longest throw. Alot of the previous threads on this date a little back and with all the new lights that have come out from that time there are alot more choices.
So my question, what is the smallest light with the longest throw(incan or led)
I dont not want to buy an upgrade, modify it, nothing, just straight out of the box. I would prefer it to be in the e1b, p2d range. Also maybe a a few modes if possible(high, low). I know you might say well ur P2d fits that description pretty good, well I know there is always something better and you guys have the answer .

Thanks

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
possibly the 4aa "DEFT" or an aspheric mag with cree and 52mm Diameter 37mm FL lens

other than aspherical theres DBS and Tiablo etc

for something in that p2d size with throw , you prolly wont get the REAL long throw you want maybe unless you stick an aspheric in a fenix which has been done before but this requires a little work just unscrew the head and put lens in or i think i saw someone just buy the fenix red filter cap that slips on the fenix and just replace the red lens with aspheric one

another easy route maybe get a 2aa minimag and buy the cree 5ex drop in and get an aspheric for that or an acrylic ball from the shoppe theledguy.com

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Something 1 CR123 powered seems to be what you are looking for.

You'll have to either go with an optic(like the Surefires) or a larger reflector(like the Lumapower D-mini).

Metatron

Banned
in my light collection i guess i have a fairly diverse range from least expensive to the most, and no matter what, the dbs v2 out throws them all AND has a cleaner, sharper beam. Derry r on a winner there, hands down:thumbsup:

ToeMoss

Newly Enlightened
Well, I'm very impressed with the throw I get from my Jetbeam II I.B.S.
It's one my favorites.

kts

Enlightened
Ive read somewhere that LEDLENSERs new P7 light throws further than all of the mentioned :naughty:

1M1

Newly Enlightened
Can't really compare to too many other lights, but I re-impressed myself recently with the throw of the Lummi RAW NS.

The new versions should be more impressive.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
From your first post it appears that you would like a smaller thrower, something 1 CR123 powered and smaller then the normally mentioned throwers like the Tiablo A8/A9 and the DBS.

And I right in the assumption?

H2Orower

Enlightened
:thumbsup: for Surefire E1B.

Edit: This was not necessarily an answer to the above posted question. I know nothing about the Nitecore ex10. I just know I really like my E1B. Tiny light...incredible throw. Perfect tailcap UI.

Last edited:

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
And just one more, would you rate the P2D and EX10 as being pretty much the same light as in what they put out?(not talking about the piston drive, and those type features).

Thanks again