paypal playing up?

Metatron

Banned
g'day lads, has anyone else experienced this: i am trying to pay a fellow cpf'er over paypal using my mastercard. this card is used for all my transactions on cpf. now i get a message half way thru the transaction that my mastercard cant be used to pay the particular account. any ideas as to where the problem lies? have used it today to pay others, just this particulat account it denys me.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I have no special insight to paypal, but have you checked to make sure the credit card has not expired?

Daniel

Disclaimer: I work for ebay, which owns paypal. I am NOT speaking for them in any way, shape or form. I know how to spell PayPal, but that's about it. :)

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's possible that the person you are trying to pay with a PayPal credit card payment may not be able to accept a PayPal credit card payment.

I think you have to have a Premier PayPal account to accept PP CC payments.

Last edited:

TexLite

Enlightened
We have the premier account,but I've noticed through many transactions that on some accounts the only possible methods of payments are bank-draft.Same account,same funding sources,different Payee's,different accepted payment methods.

I dont know if this is user defined or set by Paypal.It is inconvenient at times,such as trying to pay with a gift card,which is the same as cash.

I know thats not much help,but it may point you in the right direction to look.

Green's suggestion is a good place to start,and may work,but if that payment method is somehow restricted,you may be in the same boat after the invoice has been sent.It's worth a shot though.

-Michael