Tiablo a9 from dx

Mike D

Newly Enlightened
I can only post my own experience with DX, but I will never order anything from them again.

I ordered the A9 July 12 and heard nothing but excuse after excuse as to why they don't have it in stock even though the entire time I've been waiting the sales page said it was in stock or due to be in a few days.

I asked for a refund and was told I could only get a store credit, so instead of screwing around with these people anymore, (who seem to barley understand english) I swapped out my order for a Fenix Tk10. It still took over a week to process and another few days to package/ ship it, and as of today its supposedly in transit to me having left the Hong Kong airport yesterday.

At this point I will believe it when I see it in my hands.

Order at your own risk, but if it were me I would just save time and order it from a reputable vendor stateside.

Good luck....

riceboy72

Newly Enlightened
I've heard too many horror stories to trust DX at this time. I work too hard for my money and after reading about long wait times and endless excuses, I don't even want to try to order from them.

Either try lighthound.com or pts-flashlights.com. They're in Texas and Washington respectively, and I have heard they take care of their customers and are very easy to deal with. Plus, the A9 is on sale on both websites which is always a bonus.

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, several. And also OP reflectors and Tiablo belt pouches. No problems at all. But delivery times are normally about a week to ten days.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I got my A9 from Lighthound. Got many items from Lighthound over the past few months. Best customer service I've ever enjoyed. :)

CanadianEh

Newly Enlightened
Never had any issues with DX, including getting a refund. Shipping times can be long but that is expected.

Kaidomain on the other hand... :toilet:

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 :twothumbs
I had an issue a while back where they said they had sent me a light in a package along with other items. They had forgot to send the light I had ordered but still charged me for it.:shakehead

Anyway on the plus side it all got sorted in the end and I recieved the light even if it did take over 2 months...

I am still waiting for a laser I had ordered two months ago aswell but it just makes it more exciting when I do finally get it! :thumbsup:

As for the A9, well I thought about it and do not like that it does not regulate as well as the A8 with 18650s so I decided to leave it. The price is great though.

TCW 60

Newly Enlightened
Never had any issues with DX, including getting a refund. Shipping times can be long but that is expected.

Kaidomain on the other hand... :toilet:

My experience is absolutly contrary. Ordered the Tiablo A9 from DX and where was a long time of changing the status (backorder).
Get my money back and get one from Kaidoman with no problems.

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
no issue with DX at all with me. got the tk-10 at $59.00 when they had the price mistake, waited awhile until fenix supplied DX with the lights, but DX honored the price mistake.
also got the tiablo A9 in black, waited a couple of weeks but still got it with no problem.
shortly after i received the A9, the price dropped to $49.00. may have gotten back up to $55.00.

IBCool

Newly Enlightened
I can only post my own experience with DX, but I will never order anything from them again.

I ordered the A9 July 12 and heard nothing but excuse after excuse as to why they don't have it in stock even though the entire time I've been waiting the sales page said it was in stock or due to be in a few days.

I am worried I that I may be basically the same boat. Against my better judgment I purchased an A9 on August 18. While the product page says its in stock, I have been tracking it since but DX's own system says (right at this moment),

(of current
shipment)
On 8/18/2008:
Waiting for Supplier

I received a reply from DX to an email I sent them and I quote,

"Apologies for delay caused by unstable market supply. If there nothing wrong [sic], your order will be shipped within a few days time (estimation is less than a week). We will send you a shipment notification e-mail once it has been shipped.

Thank you for your patience.

Ivy "

My first reaction was well yeah if there (is) nothing wrong I would hope my order would be shipped. ATM I am not panicking but their tracking system at the very least leaves a lot to be desired. Guess I will continue to wait with in breathless anticipation. :green:

John Rene

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The question now becomes, is DX intentionally misleading consumers by saying that out of stock items are available for immediate delivery, or are they just too lazy to update their website?

I believe it's the former. And it's why I don't order from them. To me, it's an issue of integrity.... or lack of it.

metawaffle

Newly Enlightened
The question now becomes, is DX intentionally misleading consumers by saying that out of stock items are available for immediate delivery, or are they just too lazy to update their website?

I believe it's the former. And it's why I don't order from them. To me, it's an issue of integrity.... or lack of it.

Well, to be fair, they actually say "Usually ships in 2 to 5 days", rather than the "In stock" note they have on other stuff. Here's hoping they really do have access to some stock though, since I ordered one about two days ago :eek:

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a feeling they are doing this aswell and would be hesitant ordering from them again, but I have had good experiences with them too.