Movies in which a flashlight would have come in handy!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the Mods permit it, I would like to start an alternative flashlight/movie thread.

I watched the "Ruins" last night with my lovely wife. Major creep factor. The setting was an archeological dig at a Mayan temple. Nobody had a flashlight! Multiple decents into the temple interior were made with gasp, gas lanterns.

kelmo

Last edited:

JanCPF

Enlightened
The Silence of the Lambs comes to mind. A nice 100 lumen light in the hands of Jodie Foster would have effectivly left the bad guy blinded with his night vision gogles. LOL

Tomcat!

Enlightened
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. Frodo only had a bottle of glow juice to battle the spider. No strike bezel, not even a lanyard to stop him dropping it. Pah! Should have had a powerful strobe or a hotwire mod. I know a nice hot incan makes spiders run.:devil:

Oh yeah, Harry Potter needs a big HID for running around the forests, not the glowing tip of a wand. If he was such a good wizard, why didn't he conjure up a Polarion before going down to the woods?

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Dark Knight,

It's a great movie but these batman movies are 90% night shots and so dark.
The director and the whole crew should've had flashlights pointing at him and the joker while filming.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Blair Witch Project
Coupla HIDs would have lit those woods up great!! Some LED throwers and maybe some flooders would have been good too.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Dark Knight,

It's a great movie but these batman movies are 90% night shots and so dark.
The director and the whole crew should've had flashlights pointing at him and the joker while filming.

but darkness is the very essence of batman moveis....:ironic:

CLOVERFIELD!

"theres a light on that camera, turn it on"-:shrug:

i wish i could have handed them my T1 right through that screen....

Crenshaw

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Silence of the Lambs comes to mind. A nice 100 lumen light in the hands of Jodie Foster would have effectivly left the bad guy blinded with his night vision gogles. LOL

Exactly what came to mind as soon as I read the thread title!

The Decent - I'm sure an M6, E2DL or M60 would have kept those light-sensitive buggers outta one's way!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
"28 Weeks Later"

The tube scene with the night vision scope then the subsequent darkness!

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
but darkness is the very essence of batman moveis....:ironic:

CLOVERFIELD!

"theres a light on that camera, turn it on"-:shrug:

i wish i could have handed them my T1 right through that screen....

Crenshaw

LOL, yeah I was mostly just kidding, but some scenes could've been brighter... maybe a Fenix E01..

ambientmind

Enlightened
This is a great idea for a thread! I always get so mad at the people in the movies for having terrible flashlights or nothing at all! I know its a movie but...still...
Some of my thoughts:

Any vampire movie, the most recent was "30 days of night" Blast those guys with a nice hotwire or a UV build and walk away!

Tremors 2 (which was pretty bad) They have all the supplies they need, dynamite, machine guns, seismographs, but no one brings anything better than a stock maglite?! And you're hunting graboids in open land?!

I second the Descent, they are going caving, and are concerned about not having enough battery life from their headlamps? Sounds like someone isnt prepared.

How about any of the Star Wars movies. Lightsabers and spacecraft, but not one flashlight? Hmmm...What happens when Vader drops something? Its gotta be dark through that helmet. I guess thats what the force is for.

You can add just about any other thriller/horor/action movie to this list, I never see anyone prepared to creep up those stairs and see whats going on up there...:sweat: