UltraFire 602C vary... what's the diff?

airtight_python

Newly Enlightened
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference in these 3 UltraFires? Brightness and runtime obviously, but which has the advantage.

Links removed

If these links are inappropriate for sponsor reasons please remove.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The sku.891 uses a last gen LED.

The sku.6121 and sku.14067 both use a current gen LED. The 6121 uses a Seoul P4 U bin and the sku.14067 uses the Cree XR-E P4. The current gen LEDs are at least twice the output of the last gen ones(for the same power).

Looking at the price, the sku.14067 would be the better choice but I'd god for something like the KD 1AAA Seoul V4 if you want output.

airtight_python

Newly Enlightened
Thank you Gunner.

The light is for my father to use while working. Sheer output is not as important as runtime, but bright it good!

Marduke

Flashaholic
Well, the two decent ones are out of stock anyhow. For about the same price, I think he might be happier with a higher quality light. Depending on how bright you need, the Fenix E01 or StreamLight Microstream both come in under $20.

airtight_python

Newly Enlightened
I had an E01. The output is just 10 lumens. I should have said I need output like that of my L0D on medium, yet the best run time I can get in a single AAA, while keeping below $20. :)

Gunner12

Flashaholic
How much run time are you looking for?

Would another L0D-CE be good for your father. Also, what does he do? A different light might be better.

airtight_python

Newly Enlightened
We do HVAC work and need them for clipping on our caps while working in tight spaces, closets and attics. These spaces aren't always all that dark but bright light is still required.

Runtime... I guess as long as we can get a day or two worth of work out of it before changing or charging the AAA. Four hours would be great but don't know of anything with the output desired and that runtime.

It'll be scratched up, banged up, dirty and possibly lost. So spending more than $20 isn't viable, and weighing more than a single AAA light isn't an option. Neither is powered by Li-on. Care will not be taken to make sure they don't overheat. :)

I realize the Zebralights are nice, but a bit expensive and probably not ideal due to weight, orientation of the clip, and CR123s. I DO LIKE the flood...

Call us funny, but we will not use head bands. Seems like a hassle with so much going on at the time already.

If someone has a used and already banged up Zebralight for sell really cheap that might work. :)

Last edited:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Call me silly, but what about two E01s clipped side by side?? Long runtime, tough as nails.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Sounds like the perfect job for a cheap headlamp. They don't take any longer to put on than clipping a 1xAAA light to your had does, and they'll work much better also.

airtight_python

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like the perfect job for a cheap headlamp. They don't take any longer to put on than clipping a 1xAAA light to your had does, and they'll work much better also.

We've used the cheap LED hat clippable headlamps and they just dont have the output desired.

Marduke

Flashaholic
We've used the cheap LED hat clippable headlamps and they just dont have the output desired.

I'm not talking about those 10 lumen toys, I'm talking about 50+ lumen REAL headlamp. At some WalMarts right now you still might be able to pick up the Rayovac 1xAA headlamp for as little as $4. Most WalMarts are now carrying a ColeMan 3xAAA Cree headlamp for $25 which would be decent for your work.

Latest posts