Your favorite single cr123a flashlight?

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite is my Milky modded E1B Transformer. Why is it my favorite? It is a Surefire. It puts out 200+ lumen on high and 3-5 lumen on low. It's a real pocket thrower. It looks sexy. It has two levels that I chose, plus the miser mode which allows the levels to run at half output for better run time. Did I say that it's a Surefire? I never leave home without it...:thumbsup:

Transformer.jpg

Last edited:

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not trying to start anything here, but how is it that this can really be called a Surefire when it has been so heavily modded. Isn't it mostly just a Surefire body with custom innards?

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gatlight v3 Tuxedo.

Looks very different and has the best UI possible. Can run on RCR123 can go from very low to a very respectable high.

superflytnt

Enlightened
Not trying to start anything here, but how is it that this can really be called a Surefire when it has been so heavily modded. Isn't it mostly just a Surefire body with custom innards?

Actually I just checked out his review on this light because it's so slick looking and it's all SF parts except for the driver if I'n not mistaken. The emitter, optic and all body parts are all still SF......................it's just too bad that it can't run on a single primary :sigh:

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to say my favourite one lately is my BitZ. The two biggest reasons are the nice beam (which has a larger hotspot) and the compact size. I like all my lights but I am carrying this one more than the others.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
My Novatac 120P.

Got the factory default settings on it for now. But it's great to know that I can turn it into any type of multimode light I want.... Even have it turn on in strobe mode. :D

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like my EX10. For my it is a real EDC and I also use it as a bikelight. I really like the runtime and the 130lumen are enough for a EDC.

rayman

easilyled

Flashaholic
My Ti PD-S

Virtually indestructible, completely submersible, corrosion-resistant,
extremely tough, extremely sexy, very secure tail-stand, very ergonomic
(grips in the hand well), easy to locate at night due to trit in the tail,
beautiful smooth beams both on low and on high, one of the most
reliable and useful clips ever designed, ingenious electrical isolation through
piston drive, simplicity of use. No coating to scratch.

Rossymeister

Enlightened
Novatac 120P.

My levels are set to the following:

1 Click- .08 Lumens
2 Clicks- Emergency Strobe
3 Clicks- 120 Lumens
2 Clicks And Hold-42 Lumens

The Novatac is one of the most versatile torches that i own.

Gatsby

Enlightened
That I own would be my Novatac 85P, which happens to be the only single CR123A light I own. But my answer would be HDS/Novatac/Ra Clicky in any regard since that heritage remains my favorite incarnation - small enough to be pocketable, excellent artifact free beams, and for me at least the best UI available for almost all my EDC uses and needs.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
superflytnt is correct. The body, the machining, the parts, the TIR optic, and the emitter are all Surefires. The only thing that has been changed is the driver. I don't know if I would classify that as "heavily modded". In any case, it is still my favorite single cell flashlight. And, it feels, performs, and looks like a Surefire to me...:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
novatac 85P! Very versitile ,well built and reasonable price.

gunga

Flashaholic
Novatac 120P. I was getting all excited about the Ra clicky, then started using this one again. It's a champ!

I do like the EX10 for smaller size though...

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Shiningbeam RC-N3-Q5. Inexpensive and afford ably replace-able from shiningbeam with CPF member-discount:twothumbs. Drop it, bang it, ding it... who cares, just get a new one:twothumbs. My nicest color-tint torch, although this will vary from emitter to emitter. Runs off RCR123 (~130L) as well as CR123 (~90L). Removable shirt clip. Tight O-rings at every junction, heavily splash resistant although I haven't tried dunking it. Forward clicky with momentary operation:twothumbs

dscn0347sa8.jpg

DIY-Diffuser action
dscn0387gw0.jpg

dscn0380go6.jpg

Cree rings, while still present are not as pronounced as my P60 based lights.
dscn0379yr2.jpg

2AA configurable
dscn0366zf8.jpg

GITD action

Fits snugly in my belt-pack with some backup cells.
dscn0341db3.jpg

Last edited:

thk

Newly Enlightened
McLux III-PD with a UV1J Lux3 LED. Nice neutral/warm white in a simple to use package.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
My best would be an L1 Surefire for its brightness and build. At this time my favorite would be a Fenix P2D (actually L head with P body) for its size and low mode.

Geoff