Sister Needs a Flashlight

eav2k

Newly Enlightened
My sister wants me to buy her a flashlight. I would like to get her one that uses a single AA battery, that has an emphasis on reliability and ease of use.

Understand my sister is rough of flashlights she has destroyed two of the three I have given her. The survivor being an older 2 C cell Task Force light; the others were a River Rock, 2 AA light (left it in the car and the batteries went bad) and a Romsen RC-I3 that just no longer works.

Priced under $60. Suggestions please.

Thanks.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
also a Fenix L1D or L1T. Also maybe a lumapower LM31.

shomie911

Enlightened
+1 On the Nitecore Defender Infinity

I'd expect she wants a simple flashlight.

Get her something with a single mode or two mode. The LumaPower LM31 might be good.

If you go with AAA, a Streamlight Microstream is very durable and a great light overall.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it something she'd carry in her purse, or just leave in the car?

My shopping tends to break down into one of two categories:

1. You just need something that works now - in which case, I settle for generic mass-production. The Inova Bolt in x2 AA is a personal fave.

2. If you want something that will take a beating and you don't mind the extra step(s) of mail order, Fenix has a pretty impressive selection of AA lights. Peak LED is another alternative for the "tough as all hell" product line.

-Trevor

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Kingpower K1 can take a massive beating. It's been dropped, run over, hit with a baseball bat, and still works.

I'd recommend either that or Fenix L1D which has very thick walls as well.

:)

Last edited: