• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired DELETED

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am abandoning this buy of Osram GDP LED's. High brightness LED's are not available, though they are being advertised as such. :thumbsdow

I am looking into ordering a reel of the Osram Golden Dragon Plus LEDs (part number LUW W5AM-KYLX-6P7Q-Z). These are rated at 106 lumens typical at 350mA with a typical Vf (forward voltage) of 3.2V. These are the LEDs that are being used in the latest NiteCore offering. Here is the datasheet. Scroll to page 2 for the part number of the LED that I will be ordering: LUW W5AM-KYLX-6P7Q-Z. These are on the cool side, but they are bright!

This offering will be for the LED emitter only, and I will not be offering to mount the LED onto a star, nor will I be providing a star base.

I am shooting for a price of about $7.50 per LED (in singles) with a shipping charge of $3 maximum (overseas will be more) to cover padded mailers, delivery confirmation and postage. Purchases of 5, 10, or more LED's will result in a lower price (5-9 @ $7.00, 10-19 @ $6.50, 20+ @ $6.25). All PayPal fees will be covered regardless of whether you use cash, or credit.

If you are interested, please indicate by posting in this thread. If we can get 100 LEDs comitted to, I will place the order for a reel. I will not collect any funds until I have the LEDs in my posession, and have verified the bin code, and pictures will be provided prior to requesting payment.

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
Re: Feeler: Osram Golden Dragon Plus

I may be interested but what reflector are these compatable with? How about he soldering pattern? Same as a seoul, or cree?

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast

Maybe this pic will help regarding the solder question.
Pic borrowed from 4Sevens, will remove if not OK to use.:)

355804212_wJLhL-L.jpg

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm interested to test this new LED :) Brightness is on par with Cree XR-E Q5 so it looks interesting.

Compared to Cree XR-E's these have 2 advantages :
- lower Vf
- easier to mount and solder, you can just bend the 2 legs a bit up to make sure you don't short them

But how about reflectors? Which are compatible? And how to keep the reflector in the right place?

donn_

Flashaholic

I don't know how this one compares to the Diamond Dragon, but I just got a new ArcMania light with the DD and it's wicked bright!

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

I'll take 6-7 @ $7.00 ea for sure but maybe 10.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

I may be interested but what reflector are these compatable with? How about he soldering pattern? Same as a seoul, or cree?

But how about reflectors? Which are compatible? And how to keep the reflector in the right place?

The solder pattern is in the datasheet, but I will likely use these in the same way as I use the Seoul, or Luxeon LED's. I will adhere them in place and solder the leads.

I think that with the 170 degree viewing angle, it should be similar to the Luxeon LED (160 degree viewing angle). I have not been able to find a drawing with the die height indicated. This would be helpful to determine reflector placement, and whether a shim will be required.

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast

I recommend to read the datasheet carefully (especially the notes below).

LUW W5AM-KYLX-6P7Q-Z
KYLX means that you will get KY or KZ or LX bin.
KY - 82-97lm/350mA
KZ - 97-112/350mA
LX - 112-130/350mA

You should rather investigate whether better than KY bins are really available. Nitecores have only KY bin.

Last edited:

precisionworks

Flashaholic

I'm not sure which model is in the LunaSol 20, but the pill is tiny compared to an XR-E ... IMO it's half the diameter:thumbsup:

And bright!

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

I recommend to read the datasheet carefully (especially the notes below).

LUW W5AM-KYLX-6P7Q-Z
KYLX means that you will get KY or KZ or LX bin.
KY - 82-97lm/350mA
KZ - 97-112/350mA
LX - 112-130/350mA

You should rather investigate whether better than KY bins are really available. Nitecores have only KY bin.

Thanks for the breakdown on that information. That is exactly what I am currently researching, and part of the reason that I will not do a "prepay". If I can't get at least the KZ brightness group, then this buy will not happen.

EDIT: I just spoke with customer service at Osram Semiconductors, and Osram is currently producing only the KX, KY and KZ brightness groups. There is not any LX brightness available for purchase from a vendor anywhere in the world. The service rep searched every vendor in their system, and indicated that only 10% of the available LED's were the KZ brightness. As I mentioned above, if I am unable to get the KZ, I will not be buying anything.

Last edited: