Surefire E series lanyard ring..is there such a thing?

ConfederateScott

Enlightened
Is there a lanyard ring available for the E-series lights like the ones on the C series and P series? I know I can use the little thingy on the pocket clip to affix a lanyard but I prefer the wire ring that fits between the body and tailcap. Is there such a thing?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Not from SureFire.
Because the bezel has to be screwed on pretty tight I doubt there are any aftermarket lanyard rings. The same is so for the [Clickie] TailCap.

Illum

Flashaholic
I ran a nylon cord through the two "prongs" that stick up from the clip and looped a ring through to secure it....other than that I'm out of ideas:shakehead

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
I ran a nylon cord through the two "prongs" that stick up from the clip and looped a ring through to secure it....other than that I'm out of ideas:shakehead

that'z wad i did for my E1L! :twothumbs

i had the hangman's noose style on the lanyard, it has to be rather tightly wound. the other end of the noose is an O-ring for finger retention.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you have any thin cord, run it through the lanyard attachment on the pocket clip. I was trying to find a clip that would attach to this, so that it would be easily removable from my A2, but unfortunately even the smallest nano-clip would not clip onto it.

Last edited:

JJV

Newly Enlightened
How about getting a Z68 tailcap? There are holes that you can attach the clip through. H2ORower has a picture of this as his avatar.

Illum

Flashaholic
If you have any thin cord, run it through the lanyard attachment on the pocket clip. I was trying to find a clip that would attach to this, so that it would be easily removable from my A2, but unfortunately even the smallest nano-clip would not clip onto it.

try a single loop split ring?

For a proof of concept I grabbed my keys to the utility shed and snapped it on

Single loops = not a problem
double loops/thicker metal than shown = won't work, without tempering the clip a bit:candle:

Last edited:

houtex

Enlightened
i used a small ring from a fauxton light.
015.jpg

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
The same split key rings that are on Photon Micro Lights and their clones also fit the lanyard ring on the SF E series pocket clip.

I prefer the attachment point closer to the head. Drill a hole in the clip in the flat area and fit a ring to that hole.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea, the split ring works, but I've been searching for something that is easily removable, that's what I was trying to get a clip to fit it.

H2Orower

Enlightened
You could use a combination of two split rings and one clip. By leaving one small split ring attached to the light (either on the clip prongs or the tailcap holes), it allows you to easily attach/remove the lanyard when wanted.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could use a combination of two split rings and one clip. By leaving one small split ring attached to the light (either on the clip prongs or the tailcap holes), it allows you to easily attach/remove the lanyard when wanted.

Yea, that's about the only thing that would probably work since there is no clip small enough that I know of.

Latest posts