smooth reflector for my "Torch"

yankeefist

Newly Enlightened
I have a Mac's torch --I dont like the flood beam from the heavy OP reflector were can i get smooth reflector that will drop in?

Thanks

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
A mirror smooth reflector doesn't work so well with the 64623 bulb. It gives an ugly beam due to the size & shape of that particular filament.
Medium orange peel works well but you could try light orange peel if you can live with some artifacts.

If your determined to try a mirror smooth reflector then you may want to experiment with one of the lower cost ones from Kaidomain first. If you like what you see, you then have the option of shopping for a higher quality unit when time permits.

This Modamag M2 reflector works well with your 64623 and a light orange peel version is also available. The M2's have a different parabolic profile than other aftermarket reflectors.

abinok

Newly Enlightened
I second lumenhounds reccomendation. I had this lamp running on a 15.6v pack and thought it would make a great thrower with a smooth reflector. Nope. A larger reflector might do it... 3" maybe... but going medium stipple to med OP to smooth will get you almost no change in throw, but will get you a very annoying beam.

You really need a more compact filiment for throw in a light this size.