Anybody from Vancouver,BC?

Brooce

Newly Enlightened
First of all: Hello everybody :grin2:

Since i am looking for days,spent nights with google and elsewhere, i hope to find someone here who can help:
I am looking for a shop where they sell Fenix flashlights in Vancouver, best would be some other trademarks as well, but first of all that one.
My holiday trip to Canada starts on Monday, and i have just one single day(in VC) to buy all the stuff i need for the following 3 weeks. :sweat:

Anyone out there who has an idea? :poke:

(hope my english is not too bad..)

Thx Brooce

CanadianEh

Newly Enlightened
Don't know any place in Vancouver than sells Fenix. Or any other light at a reasonable price. I end up ordering from FenixTactical.com (Ontario) or 4Sevens/Fenix-Store.com.

squaat

Newly Enlightened
Yep I'm from vancouver.

I got my first fenix recently from FenixTactical.com

Took just under a week to get from ontario to BC.

CanadianEh, did you get dinged with customs duty fees when you used 4Sevens/Fenix-Store.com?

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
I'm in GVR ... never got dinged with customs/taxes with 4sevens ... i've ordered from him 4x for 3 Fenixes and 1 Nightcore.

Brooce

Newly Enlightened
Well, ordering from internet is a bit too late now.... :drool:
i could buy one in a shop here in Germany, but thats about 115CAD, a bit overpriced :eek:, and i cant really accompaign my wife a hole day while shopping her stuff,so....
It cant be be true, that inhabitants of a Metropole (surrounded by millions of squaremiles of untapped nature) with over half million ppl have to avoid the darkness when they go for a fishingtrip at weekend. or buy online...
Outdoorshops? Hunting-hiking-whatever? Nothing? come on

Wanted first of all a TK10 or 11 to use during my stay and anything (NiteCore,Tiablo, SF..) else additionallyy on the way back (so i dont have to carry)

P.S: what does "to get dinged" mean?? may dictionary cant find that expression...:help:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't live there so I only know one store. Also the chinese brands (fenix, tiablo, nitecore etc.) are not sold in retail stores.

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_...older_id=2534374302696957&bmUID=1219848377116

Vancouver
130 West Broadway
Tel: 604.872.7858

North Vancouver
1341 Main Street
Tel: 604.990.4417

There are also several surefire dealers.

DAVE'S SURPLUS LTD
742 12TH STREET
NEW WESTMINSTER, BC V3M 4W5
Phone: 604-524-5867 604-524-5852

195 BROADWAY WEST
VANCOUVER, BC V5Y 1P4
Phone: 604-874-7456 416-205-9979 [email protected]

Too bad you are not in Montreal, there would be better selection.

Last edited:

SubZero

Newly Enlightened
Dave's Surplus has very good customer service. No Fenix lights there yet though. :whistle:

If you are looking for a TK11, I would be glad to meet you for a coffee in the Vancouver area. I have several available. (also have some E01's)
Feel free to PM me for details.

Cheers :cool:

squaat

Newly Enlightened
He was asking if Canada Customs added a tax to the light.

Getting "dinged" is the act of getting charged an additional fee unexpectedly or an unwanted fee is added.

As mention previously MEC is a good place for flashlights. Canadian Tire, Walmart and Zellers also have some, but their range is somewhat limited. In the shopping malls there are often Knife stores (they sell expensive kitchen knives, display swords, etc), they too often stock flashlights... though I haven't looked to closely at them.

gunga

Flashaholic
I have occasional purchased the odd light in the locations mentioned: MEC, Canadian Tire, Home Depot etc.

But all of my better lights (and the ones I have kept) have been online, either on Marketplace here at CPF or Fenix Store, or Manufacters direct (Lumapower, Liteflux etc).

I have a spare E01 if you want, but nothing like a TK11 etc...
Depends on what you want. I have a friend with some spare Surefire goods you could try while you are here.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
A bit more expensive than Fenix-store or Fenix tactical and you get dinged for the tax. But you get to handle the light before parting with your hard earned cash.
A year ago I was at the General Store at Eastgate Mall (now no longer selling flashlights). The P3D was all the rage then. I looked at it, then the L2D next to it and decided both was too long to be pocketable. I bought the L0D CE that day. Can not do that kind of comparison that easily over the net.

http://www.j2ledflashlight.com/ lists both their online prices (shipping extra) and the General Store price.

Nitecore has 2 retail locations in Toronto plus http://www.nitecore.ca/ . Follow my link in post#7 for locations.

Last edited:

jlomein

Enlightened
If you are looking for a TK11, I would be glad to meet you for a coffee in the Vancouver area. I have several available. (also have some E01's)
Feel free to PM me for details.

Cheers :cool:

I can vouch for SubZero and say that he is a very friendly seller. I had a couple transactions with him a while ago and he is a great guy.

Here in Vancouver area malls there are many retailers called House of Knives. They stock Inova flashlights if you are interested.

Brooce

Newly Enlightened
:wow:, I am impressed
Really thanks for all your answers. Thats definatly enough information...I just have ONE day :grin2: over there.
So i know now all I need, and looking forward to that trip. If the other canadians are that helpful and friendly like u folks here..i will really enjoy that journey!!

Have a nice time u all :wave:

Brooce

CanadianEh

Newly Enlightened
Yep I'm from vancouver.

I got my first fenix recently from FenixTactical.com

Took just under a week to get from ontario to BC.

CanadianEh, did you get dinged with customs duty fees when you used 4Sevens/Fenix-Store.com?

Nope, never got dinged but it's hit and miss with USPS shipping. I get hit maybe 25% of the time.