I'm surprised that DX does not have a 2 mode led drop in for Surefires?

dmz

Enlightened
I'm surprised that DX does not sell a 2 mode (low, high settings) led drop in for Surefire G2/C2/6P?

Yapo

Enlightened
its not that surprising really...The manufacturers are probably just thinking "why make 2 modes droppins when they can just as easily if not easier make 5mode ones as the 5mode+ circuit boards are so common" Also the low mode probably wouldnt satisfy as much users as theres always some that want lower/higher lows.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Thats my criteria as well, a ~10L low and a ~200L high... no one offers this AFAIK.

The only ones that come remotely close are the 0-100% modules. I doubt they are 200L out the front though.

I am thinking about getting the 11075 and swapping that driver board into my 11836. Knowing DX, they over-spec the 11075 high current output so that 1000mah spec is more like 850. Into a Cree R2 that won't do 200L with transmission/reflection losses, yet still it could be a very useful ~170L high.

FWIW... the 14442 low is still around 50L (ballpark estimate). It appears slightly less than my P60 Xenon module.

Last edited:

gratewhitehuntr

Enlightened
I want a HI-Lo two mode two

or even a HI-Med-Lo would be good

how do we get DX to make one of these :poke:

I prefer 3.7v

so we also need it to be just as bright on 1 cell as on two
(has to accept 8.4)

ok, who do we talk to about this? :poke:

dmz

Enlightened
5 modes is overkill and strobes are not too useful for me.

Flashfirstask?later

Enlightened
Not sure if 11075 is the same in groups but the 11074 has five groups where it does have two groups of modes without any strobe/sos. Group #1: Low > High and Group #5: High > Medium > Low. To get out of Group#3 you go through the ramping brightness and save on Low, then turn on until two blinks then turn off and on to get to #4 which you can pass on Low to #5

Last edited:

gratewhitehuntr

Enlightened
Not sure if 11075 is the same in groups but the 11074 has five groups where it does have two groups without any strobe/sos. Group #1: Low > High and Group #5: High > Medium > Low. To get out of Group#3 you go through the ramping brightness and save on Low, then turn on until two blinks then turn off and on to get to #4 which you can pass on Low to #5

I have that and am quite impressed withthe smooth reflector mentioned in one of the reviews
thing is
it isn't suitable for a non flashaholic

Flashfirstask?later

Enlightened
I have that and am quite impressed withthe smooth reflector mentioned in one of the reviews
thing is
it isn't suitable for a non flashaholic
True as I got stuck in Group #3 (Brightness ramping) for a while until I realized it was so simple to get out to #4 as the review site was not clear on needing to be in Low saved setting first. The instructions on DX are even less clear.

gratewhitehuntr

Enlightened
True as I got stuck in Group #3 (Brightness ramping) for a while until I realized it was so simple to get out to #4 as the review site was not clear on needing to be in Low saved setting first. The instructions on DX are even less clear.

exactly the case with me also

have to be in low in ramping mode
shut of light 2+ secs
turn on and wait for blink
half press (same sort normally used to change group) to go to next group

not for women and old men

dmz

Enlightened
If DX made a 2 mode led drop in, you can turn the SF 6PD into a larger version of the E2DL.

Yapo

Enlightened
well it still depends on what that low mode is...i dont think they would make a 200/5 lumen nor a 200/10 lumen which sounds like what most people here want...their idea of a low mode would probly be something like 50-100 lumens for general use when max output isnt needed and increase the runtime whereas our 5-10 lumens low is for people like us who appreciate/know that even 10 lumens is plenty of light for indoor/close-mid range use. Some would even say 1 lumen is too much.