• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Withdrawn

mfrey

Enlightened
New. Tested only. No blems.

$240 Shipped Priority Mail CONUS. PP fees included. For insurance add $4.60.

Specs:

Body:
Surefire E2L Outdoorsman​

Tailcap:
Aleph McTC
tuned McE2S 60 ohm two-stage switch​

Head:
Aleph 19
McR-19XR reflector
Aleph sapphire AR-coated window
Mirage Man reflector centering ring​

Light Engine:
XR-E R2 WG (nice neutral hue, no perceivable green bias)
SOB 1000 converter board (1000 mA)
MCPCB 650
XR Can
fully potted
brass V+ contact button for durability
Mil-spec 24 AWG Teflon silver coated 19-strand wire (red +, black –)

I carefully built this torch for myself with the best components I could find. The emitter is nicely centered, adhered to the MCPCB 650 with Arctic Alumina epoxy and reflow soldered with fresh Kester R276 solder paste. Clean solder joints. Quality build with a bright, beautiful beam.

Terms: First to claim it here and email me to confirm the commitment gets it: [email protected]. Payment must be initiated within two business days. I will ship the same day I receive the funds. Email with any questions.

Last edited:

mfrey

Enlightened
Re: FS: Aleph/Surefire A19 R2 @ 1000 mA build

I wish I could tell you definitively but I haven't run any plots or run it long enough to get any qualitative sense of the runtime.

I would estimate, based upon 2-cell lights running at similar currents, 90 minutes on high and quite a while on low. The low appears similar to an E2DL on low (5 lumens). Surefire rates their low at 100 hrs. The efficiency of the circuit in the resistored McTC/McE2S tailcap will affect the runtime, but to what degree I can't say. It will burn for quite a while on low, regardless.

I built this as a tactical EDC light, for which it is ably suited. You get night navigation/general-use illumination with immediate access to a tactical beam when needed with a further depression of the button. I was more concerned about beam profile and brightness than runtime though I still concerned myself with practicality.

Sorry I can't answer your question more specifically.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can you post a few pictures of it??

Any nicks, dings or scratches anywhere?
Tight hotspot?

Thanks!

Ray

mfrey

Enlightened

Sorry for the bad picture. The HA does not appear as divergent in color in real life between the components.

There are no blemishes, nicks, dings, etc. evident on the light. I used all new, unused components.

The beam is typical of the McR-19XR. I could describe it as a nice tight concentric hotspot transitioning into a fairly bright concentrated spill. Sorry no beamshots but there should be some floating around on this board of the A19/McR-19XR.

alephhybridfn8.jpg

***The titanium bezel ring is not included in this sale. Add $32 if you want to include it. I will swap it for the stock alloy Aleph ring.***