Cree R2 Emitters?

Gator762

Enlightened
I haven't been able to locate any Cree R2 emitters. I know it's only about 10% more output than a Q5, but I figure if I'm gonna go through the trouble of changing the emitter I may as well get an R2 if I can.

I see this drop-in from DX, but that's twice the work trying to remove 2 emitters.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11836

Gator762

Enlightened
Thanks! I never ordered from them... How is shipping to the US? I can't get shipping costs until I create an account. :shrug:

Any places in the US that sell them?

jhanko

Enlightened
I wouldn't count on DX to deliver what they claim. I recently got a few R2's from Cutter. They can be trusted, but delivery time is a killer. It took almost 4 weeks for them to arrive. Keep your eyes on the group buys at the marketplace. They pop up once in a while, but disappear fast. Good luck...

Jeff

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't count on DX to deliver what they claim. I recently got a few R2's from Cutter. They can be trusted, but delivery time is a killer. It took almost 4 weeks for them to arrive. Keep your eyes on the group buys at the marketplace. They pop up once in a while, but disappear fast. Good luck...

Jeff

It's my experience that even DX has faster shipping to the US than Cutter.

However, I do not believe the DX R2 dropin actually has an R2, because of the extreme scarcity of R2 emitters for even US customer.

Doh!Nut

Newly Enlightened
Strange - cutter posted to the UK in a handful of days
About 8USD for something light would give an idea of postage.

Nick

Gator762

Enlightened
Strange - cutter posted to the UK in a handful of days
About 8USD for something light would give an idea of postage.

Nick

Thanks! That gives me a good idea then.

Sheesh... Quite a cost difference to an R2. Maybe I'll 'just' get a Q5.

I have a feeling this won't be my first mod. :)

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
How many R2s are you looking for & are you in the US? I have about 12 R2s left. Not really planning to sell anymore since I use them for mods but I can let one or two of them go. They are emitters only & still in the unopened reel packaging. PM me if interested.