He is Risen!

McGizmo

Flashaholic
To know and deny is stupid. To believe with an element of doubt provides growth, IMHO. Universal truths require no human language for understanding. They can be seen and experienced without the need to be vocalized. Any truth which is brought to you by words alone is likely tainted by the messenger and their human limitations, experience and interpretations.

These humble opinions are brought to you by an open minded yet flawed and ignorant fellow human. I have no knowledge, one way or the other, to the veracity of statements made above.

I think most of us *KNOW* the important truths and can chose to abide by them or ignore them. Words may help but are not required.

May our friends, family, planet and the universe benefit from our words and actions; what ever language or form they may take.

- Don

Albany Tom

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
shankus said:
I must have missed it, just like me to sleep through the apocalypse.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks, although I almost did the Pepsi flying through the nose trick again.

Atrick-Pay

Newly Enlightened
McGizmo: Nice words but what do you do with your guilt?

You are right words can't describe the truths of God.
But He is a knowable God, not just a feeling.
But a personal loving Father!

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that if the fellow does return and chooses to announce the fact here on CPF before CNN that would certainly give the event more veracity in my mind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

lightnix

Enlightened
If the real Jesus Christ were to stand up today,
He'd be gunned down cold by the CIA.
The lights that now burn brightly behind stained glass,
Will cast the darkest shadows on the human heart.
But GOD didn't build himself that throne,
GOD doesn't live in Israel or Rome,
GOD doesn't belong to the yankee dollar,
And GOD doesn't plant the bombs for Hezbollah.
GOD doesn't even go to church,
GOD won't send us down to hell to burn.
GOD will remind us what we already know...

THAT THE HUMAN RACE IS ABOUT TO REAP WHAT IT'S SOWN !!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

The The - Armageddon Days Are Here (Again) - Mind Bomb - 1989

kodiak

Enlightened
Atrick-Pay, what "****" are you talking about?

(Note: Language "****" (with substitute symbol instead of a vowel) edited out by Moderator Sigman. Any questions feel free to email myself or any of the Admins. Keep it clean & civil guys...)

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
* Mr_Sesmesesles *

Quite an interesting quote. I might have to find a copy of that book.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Atrick-Pay said:
McGizmo: Nice words but what do you do with your guilt?.....................

[/ QUOTE ]

Guilt? I suspect semantics and a personal sense of the mechanics or system of emotions and responses might keep us from discussing the same entity; guilt.

Is guilt that burden earned from doing wrong in the eyes of others or self? Do you amass more guilt by knowingly doing wrong or is guilt accumulated independent of motivation and awareness; a simple deed done earns X quantum of guilt regardless.

What do I do with my guilt? Well as I have come to understand guilt, I think of it as an emotional and psychic burden; a result of knowingly acting or behaving in a manner that I know or suspect is wrong. I feel totally responsible for my actions and I try to take them based on my sense of "the right thing to do". I decided a long time ago that guilt was totally useless and counterproductive baggage for one to carry or dwell upon. If one acts in accordance of what one deems the correct path, I don't see guilt resulting. Should it come to light that ones actions were wrong, a mistake, or misdirected, I don't think any guilt is earned. Certainly I find my self regretting things I have done as well as having remorse. Dwelling on it changes nothing. Hopefully lessons have been learned and the chance of repeating the error have been diminished.

Ironically, I read a line in a fiction book a few hours ago where a character stated: " Where's the value in forgiveness if one doesn't sin on occassion." This statement was in response to his desire for an other's wife. I have met many folk who think that they can load up on a certain amount of sin or bad deeds and then go into church and be purged by making offerings and asking for forgiveness. If they believe this works then it may in fact *work* for them. I don't buy into this model of the universe and I couldn't convince myself otherwise.

I do strongly suspect that the notion of guilt as well as the *teaching* of guilt has been a tool over the ages used by those in power to control and motivate their minions.

What do I do with my guilt? Well for starters, I do my darndest not to acquire any. If I find my self feeling guilty about something, I address the cause as best I can, accept the consequences and move on; letting the guilt fall by the way side.

It's an interesting topic for me because I found in my own experience that the level of my perceived guilt was in direct proportion to the extent I was trying to behave or live my life as others felt I should and in conflict with what I felt I wanted or needed to do. It seems that the more I live my life by my own standards and rules, the less any guilt comes into the picture. I think this is a real identification of the dynamics of guilt. Unfortunately, if I am a psychopath, I will have no guilt but I will certainly be a blight on society as well! In other words, I think guilt is a result of living by others standards and guidelines instead of ones own. This is no comment on the real need for proper education and learning.

This may come off as harsh but I fear that many folks today have shirked the responsibility of their actions by *buying* into a system where one can purchase insurance to cover ones liability or simply place the accountability on the shoulders of others. I don't buy it and guilt isn't a currency I accept.

If one is true to one's self and hopefully that self is a healthy self that has been exposed to proper nurturing as well as the rules and ethics of the society in question, then I think little guilt, if any, is accumulated. What guilt may arise can be acknowledged and issues resolved.

I'm not sure I understood your question and doubt that I have answered it. I am confident of one thing though, *HE* has a sense of humor, even when we don't.

What do you do with your guilt? If yours is better than mine, want to trade? How about I throw in a flashlight or two? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Now, aren't you glad you asked me that question???

- Don

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shankus, it's not a book, but a song off an album by a group known as " The The" a guy named Matt Johnson is the singer/songwriter etc...they were pretty popular in the states during the eighties, had a single called "Infected". did some interesting projects like one called "The The vs. Hank" where they did their own arrangements of Hank Williams tunes, of course Hank whooped their asses!

Ses, as far as I know we have always been reaping what's been sown, it's called history and it goes pretty far back, you should check into it. It continues.....

To know where you're going you have to know where you've been.

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Atrick-Pay

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
kodiak said:
Atrick-Pay, what are you talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

A personal relationship with the Creator,
Does that answer your question?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Atrick-Pay,

I will Know God completly as well as understand all there is to know about the universe and all its (his) mysteries at the same moment our West Highland Terrior solves his first diferential equation. Unfortunately "Salty" hasn't come close to grasping the math yet. Nor have I, this other thing. In the mean time, may your God bless you, her God bless her, their God bless them and all of us be blessed with enough guiding light to follow the paths which are there for each of us. Use of flashlights as aids to navigation is permitted.

- Don