Let The "Peeps" Sale Begin

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let The \"Peeps\" Sale Begin

I don't celebrate Easter BUT I do love Peeps (yellow especially) and this is one of my favorite times of the year.

Beginning today, the prices on Peeps are slashed in half or better. It's a diabetic's nightmare. Stacks and stacks of Peeps at a discount /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Anybody out there have the same emotion about these little critters ?

Marty

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Let The Peeps Sale Begin

RATS! And here I thought I had found a thread directing me to a hot little amber light . . . and at half price.

Regarding peeps, and answering the original question, I fortunately am not addicted to peeps, but I dooooo love the tiny jelly beans -- the gourmet kind. Tough not only on the blood sugar level, but also on the pocketbook.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Marty. You are in jubilant form. You must have gotten a new flashlight to play with over the weekend. (Or maybe just an Easter basket?) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast

PW

I haven't bought a new light in..Oh..Maybe 2 days. On a whim, last night I opened a 4AA Craftsman Tool Box Light that I bought at a local hardware store 3 months ago for $6 and played with that for a while. My BP went down at least 20 points /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Msrty

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Hi Marty,

I don't think I've ever bought peeps...guess I spend it all on new flashlights, old ghetto blasters, and used-up broken or cracked old insulators...if there's any left, I pay the rent, the light bill, the wheelchair bill, the internet bill, the phone bill, and maybe put a little food in the fridge - but not peeps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW what are those two lights with keychains in your avatar?
I haven't seen anything like them before, not even on ebay!!

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Those aren't lights. They're micro robots that I saw on Strange Cosmos.

Come to think of it, they would be even cuter with mini-micro lights in their micro claws /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm glad someone else around here appreciates the sublime sticky-sweet yellow-sugar-encrusted marshmellowy snack treasure called Peeps. I just picked up a six pack at Safeway.

Just say no to the pink bunnies. There is only one true Peep, and it is yellow and shaped like a chickie.

Joe

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Siggy,

thanks for the acknowledgement. I was beginning to suspect someone put the disappearing ink in my computer again. It is a wacky site -- they really put the peeps in sulfuric acid. acetone, phenol, and other goodie chemicals and document the effects! see;

http://www.peepresearch.org/solubility.html
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!

Speaking of Jelly Belly Jelly Beans. (A real toung twister at that), they have some rather "unique" gourmet flavors, including buttered popcorn, jalapeño, honey mustard, etc. which sound strange until "sampled" at my local Macy*s store. Wow. If they had these when I was knee high to a grasshopper, I would've been one pudgy little kid. Talk about addictions....

Ed.

K A

Enlightened

Heh. Sounds like some candy from Harry Potter. I forget the exact name but it was like 'ever flavor beans'. We got some in at work. Funky flavors.. grass, pepper, vomit, etc.. whole buncha stuff

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

i hate peeps and any other marshmellow disguised as candy. i do however, have a weakness for cadbury cream eggs. i love them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!

KA: grass? even worse, vomit? Are you serious? Some manufacturers are starting to scare me, if those are real "flavors".
Better still, if there is consumer demand for such flavors, then the exotic gourmet jelly bean eating populace is one frightening entity.
In my experience with EJBs (exotic jelly beans), I draw the line at garlic herb . I guess I'm not as adventurous as I thought. BTW, the buttered popcorn flavor (my favorite) sort of reminds me of "kettle corn", reminiscent of "Cracker Jack" or "FiddleFaddle".

Ed.

K A

Enlightened

Tottally Serious! Quick google search turned up this. According to the box its even made by Jelly Belly! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif