zebralight h50 q5 very hot???

WASF

Newly Enlightened
Is that normal for the h50 Q5 to get very hot on high???
TIA WASF

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not going to be able to say for sure but IIRC mine got fairly warm - but not untouchable hot. Considering they aren't pushing the Cree too hard it shouldn't get real hot but then there isn't much body heatsinking in this tiny lights so what heat is generated goes right to the surface I think.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Ditto what matrixshaman said... I use mine as a worklight when soldering and it can be on high for about 30 minutes and it gets quite warm but not hot. Lucky thing since it's strapped to my head. :eek:

I also exclusively use NiMh batteries though - are you using primaries? Lithiums?

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's normal for it to get hot / warm. This impressive tiny light has very good heat sinking so thermal dissipation is impressive.

I love this light!

RGB_LED

Enlightened
It's normal for it to get hot / warm. This impressive tiny light has very good heat sinking so thermal dissipation is impressive.

I love this light!
Very true! It's now my go-to headlamp, although I'm beginning to like my H30 as well! It's unfortunate that the UI on the H30 leaves something to be desired...

ScubaSnyder

Enlightened
Yes and your head will be hot too since it seems to dissipate heat through the rubber slightly, no worries I have been running mine to the death, around 4-5 hours strait pinning and labeling insects (cr123 version though, my AA version is being used in Bolivia for the past 3 months now by my gf) The thing does eat batteries like an animal!