Votes: 11 8.9%
  • No

Votes: 103 83.7%
  • Yes, was taken care of ASAP by 4 sevens

Votes: 9 7.3%

• Total voters

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
I've read some reviews and some threads on various forums saying that people have had different problems with the EX10, D10. Have any of you experience a problem? If so what was it? Thanks

rocled

Newly Enlightened
I own both the EX10 and the D10 and by today, the D10 GD+. I put down my Fenix P2D-Q5 when I bought these. They are great lights. A little tricky at first, but worth the time and money. I love the piston drive. No more "click". When I got the EX-10, the stainless retaining ring was loose, but nothing some lock-tite wouldn't fix. On the EX10, the piston is stiffer than on the D10, resulting in some mishaps of ramping, but you get use to it. I would recommend that you use LI-ION's to get the most out of the lights. They are great lights and extremely popular!! They are releasing a pocket clip for the D10 through 4sevens.com.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of the problems are the lube sticking, some battery sizes not fitting well (especially the 14500 which may vary in size), a couple of LED heads getting moisture under the lens when submerged in warm water.

If you read the abundance of EX10/D10 threads here you'll get that information very easily.

For the most part, the great majority of people have no issues. Like ALL lights a small percentage will encounter issues. I think this is mighty impressive given how this is a new light from a relatively new manufacturer.

I have 3 D10s and have no problems. Also a lot of "problems" are attributed to people getting used to the UI and learning how to control it, as well as using regular alkaline batteries with it when they should have used nimh or li-on batteries.

This is the best light I've ever used.

Last edited:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
My EX10 has required a significant amount of work to be put into good working conditions. Only the distance from 4sevens has prevented me from sending it back. Now it's OK but it suffered from a particularly sticky switch ring and the lens o-ring was badly installed so that half of it disappeared under the reflector. I opened the head and could set both things right.

The D10 on the contrary has worked well out of the box and I just replaced the grease even if it was not strictly necessary.

I am not reaching any conclusion here, IMO it's just the luck of the draw. ;)

thk

Newly Enlightened
Not sure if it's a problem or if it's an issue because I didn't clean off the lube prior to usage but the ramping feature doesn't kick in on the first press. A second press is necessary "sometimes". It doesn't bother me enough to call it a problem but I'll mention it since it is happening to my particular light.

This is concerning my D10.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if it's a problem or if it's an issue because I didn't clean off the lube prior to usage but the ramping feature doesn't kick in on the first press. A second press is necessary "sometimes". It doesn't bother me enough to call it a problem but I'll mention it since it is happening to my particular light.

This is concerning my D10.
Nope this is normal behavior when the light is at min or max. If it's at min, and the ramping cycle is trying to go lower, well it can't go any lower. So a second press will then tell the light to ramp higher. Same on max.

I agree it could be improved but it doesn't bother me enough either to deter me from enjoying it as my ultimate EDC.

thk

Newly Enlightened
If it's a feature then the light is flawless in operation! :D

gearmonky

Newly Enlightened
first of all, greetings (first post).

i just got by D10 today. noticed 3 'issues':

first, i suspect what some people report as a stiff piston could be the result of some of the lube getting onto the rear part of the piston that sits flat against the inside of the body. when you try to press the piston, it sticks a little. i cleaned off the back of the piston and mine worked 10 times better.

second, the front o-ring didn't appear to be lubed at all. that was a simple fix.

third (and most annoying): my light really sings at 100% output. is this normal? i'd bet its in the 13 kHz range, i can measure to be sure when i get home. but man is it annoying. its not a hiss, which would not be nearly as objectionable - its a high pitched ring. it seems to be dependent on what battery is installed as some are worse than others.

does anyone else have the ringing issue?

thanks

PS... 2 weeks ago i had no 'real' lights. i now have a fenix L2D Q5 and this D10, plus an L1D body tube. i have an 'issue' with cool toys and these lights definitely qualify as 'cool toys' :laughing:

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thankfully, my D10 is silent, though a few people have reported noise at specific brightness levels.

Gator762

Enlightened
I own both the EX10 and the D10 and by today, the D10 GD+. {clip}
I would recommend that you use LI-ION's to get the most out of the lights.

Why Li-Ion? I thought I heard that before with the D10. Doesn't an NiMH AA LSD cell have a higher capacity and is safer than a 14500 LiIon with the same max output? :shrug:

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
first of all, greetings (first post).

i just got by D10 today. noticed 3 'issues':

first, i suspect what some people report as a stiff piston could be the result of some of the lube getting onto the rear part of the piston that sits flat against the inside of the body. when you try to press the piston, it sticks a little. i cleaned off the back of the piston and mine worked 10 times better.

second, the front o-ring didn't appear to be lubed at all. that was a simple fix.

third (and most annoying): my light really sings at 100% output. is this normal? i'd bet its in the 13 kHz range, i can measure to be sure when i get home. but man is it annoying. its not a hiss, which would not be nearly as objectionable - its a high pitched ring. it seems to be dependent on what battery is installed as some are worse than others.

does anyone else have the ringing issue?

thanks

PS... 2 weeks ago i had no 'real' lights. i now have a fenix L2D Q5 and this D10, plus an L1D body tube. i have an 'issue' with cool toys and these lights definitely qualify as 'cool toys' :laughing:
:welcome:

The "whining" or singing as you call it is normal for some lights. The human ear can't hear some of this as it ages.

I take it you're quite young?

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive had my D10 for several weeks now and I carry it on my keychain.
Ive not had a single problem with it. I believe my D10 is an early model
The warranty card has the serial 0009